SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas, Just wanderin if any of you guys are having any excesive rear hopping on the freeways. I live in So. Cal and the my new SRT is a lil bouncy on these freeways. Is it just me or any of you other guys having the same problem? :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
There's one stretch of I-5 near the El Toro Y that seems to be that way, but I get the same on my harley and in my old truck, too.

Other than that, I'm cruising fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm getting it almost everywhere i go... hmmm for what i paid for this truck i'd expect a bit more. dealer said its normal, not too sure about that. But yeah, on regular roads i'm cruisin fine also.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Suspension

KHANG13560, Iv'e riden in three SRT-10's and they all do that. It seems to come from the rear suspension. The SoCal freeways are the worst. On the Ford Lightning, when you complain to the dealer, they put a 4" tube with some sort of vibration dampner inside of it and it takes 90% of the ride vibration away, the only down side of this device is it weight's 80lbs. Mofo

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
KHANG13560 said:
dealer said its normal, not too sure about that.
I love it when they just make crap up.:rolleyes:

Performance springs and shock valving could be a reason but I haven't notice anything. I've been through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Smooth all the way for me. It rides like a preformance truck. No rear wheel hopping for me at all.

·
Banned
582 Posts
fine here also,it is a little stiff, but love the handling :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any of you fellas have any experiences with an airbag suspension system? This hopping thing is really starting to get to me. Might end up just selling the thing. What good is a $48,000 high performance vehicle when you can't even enjoy a 70 mph cruise down the highway. ARGGGGGGGG!!!

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
KHANG13560 said:
Any of you fellas have any experiences with an airbag suspension system? This hopping thing is really starting to get to me. Might end up just selling the thing. What good is a $48,000 high performance vehicle when you can't even enjoy a 70 mph cruise down the highway. ARGGGGGGGG!!!
dude, it was built to handle, it is a sport truck. if you dont like it, go buy a cheby SuperSlow, and quit bitchin like a girl.

·
Banned
582 Posts
i know some of the freeways (concrete),have the expansion joints, and when the slab settles, leaves a ridge at each joint, these are terrible no matter what you drive. there are some stretches like these on I-10 in lousyanna!
can you take a different route?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BOOMER said:
dude, it was built to handle, it is a sport truck. if you dont like it, go buy a cheby SuperSlow, and quit bitchin like a girl.
you got to be kidding!! you still in high school?! your momma bought you that truck if you even have one.

I however, paid good money for a well engineered vehicle that can handle all sorts of road conditions.

WTF is a cheby?? can you say "spell checker"

·
Registered
157 Posts
Suspension

Khang, have lot's of experience in airride suspension and stuff. do i think if installed top notch with top components that it would dampen the ride...yes. do i think that they are worth it ...well depends on use. to talkshit and spark on the freeway to other unsuspecting lowered trucks...great fun. do i think taking them to a drag strip would be beneficial ... no. are they high maintenance... yes.-- Have i been tempted to undergo anoyher project with this thing ...yes. but instead i'm saving up for engine upgrades-

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Solid Rear Axle and a Tight Suspension = Some rear end 'jittering around' over imperfections on the highway.

My Syclone has done it since day one, and so did my Lightning. I think it's something you have to expect from a vehicle like this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
9 seconds said:
Have you checked your wheels/tires? That sounds like more than a stiff suspension.
yeah everything checks out fine. The ride is great other then on the freeways. going over successive bumps causes the hopping, appearantly the freeways around here a riddled with them.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
KHANG13560 said:
KHANG,
Have your dealer force variance balance (I believe that is the correct term) all your tires. You make have a weight off, or a defective tire/rim.

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
KHANG13560 said:
yeah everything checks out fine. The ride is great other then on the freeways. going over successive bumps causes the hopping, appearantly the freeways around here a riddled with them.
Is this your first Pickup truck? Longer wheel base vehicles tend to "buck" when they go over successive bumps. Longer the truck, the more it "bucks". Almost like a see-saw kinda feeling or if your wheels where triangular.

Craig

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've owned many trucks, but this is the first american truck i've owned. All previous trucks have been imports. The last one was a 2003 toyota tundra that drove like a dream compared to the srt.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Ride

Just wondering all....just took one for a 30 mile drive.... love the "rough" idle... just want to know if the ride is the "same" for everyone else.. I am used to the Qcab Hemi.... the SRT feels a bit stiffer. I would say a slightly "rougher" ride, but more responsive. I did not note any wheel hop on the rear, even though I did not "push it"
Very comfortable truck to sit in... everyone enjoying theirs??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Khang....deal with it, its a sports truck...if you wanted a nice soft ride you should of bought a Mercury or Lincoln...Who cares if you have a little bouncy ride, atleast you can smoke most anything on the road, you have 500 HP and a limited edition vehicle...be happy with what you got, because theres kids like me who would kill to have one and then theres people who ***** about what they have when theres nothing wrong with it and it pisses me off

1 - 20 of 40 Posts