SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well were riding this one out... Going to be interesting....SRT all put up....

I get to work through it...48 hours straight.... WHOOPEE

LMAO...

Good luck to the Florida members here that get hit....tilt one for me if your having a Hurricane party!!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Hunker down, lets hope Cuba knocks some wind out of her and maybe even re-direct her.

I,ll be praying she weakens, I have alot of friends who live In your area and their probably gonna come drop in on me.

Good LUck!!!

Marc T

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Yeah, Good Luck!

I get to work in the remnants of it on Friday and it sounds like I'm gonna get wet. :(

·
Registered
974 Posts
Whoo 48 hrs and a storm Hope things go well for ya... Hurricane party!! Hmm sounds fun... :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hurricane weather and a Hooters Ram Show Saturday

Marc T said:
Hunker down, lets hope Cuba knocks some wind out of her and maybe even re-direct her.

I,ll be praying she weakens, I have alot of friends who live In your area and their probably gonna come drop in on me.

Good LUck!!!

Marc T
Marc,
The storm should be past Jacksonville by Saturday. The DTW crew is having a Dodge Ram get together Saturday August 14 at Noon at the Regency Hooters. If the rains have subsided enough, I'll cruise over there for a bit.
See Ya,
Mark

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
good luck to all your Florida boys. I always thought hurricanes were kinda exciting till I owned my own house!!!!!!!! :confused: That changed my perspective. Well this is what we pay serious insurance for. Hope all the hotrods are in garages and not getting hit by trees and etc....

aloha patrick

·
Registered
157 Posts
be safe you guys and please be careful, you guys on the Left coast deal with storms we get the earthquakes- let us know your ok asap

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
hope everyone is OK. i got lucky because my parents live in south florida, but they are here in michigan visiting. what timing!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
wow now its a catagory 3 storm!!!!

nothingbuttrouble, srt10x3, jaxram, mark t and all you Florida boys good luck. That storm surge looks like it'll be huge. Is there any high ground in Florida?

aloha patrick

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Latest:

Fri 5:30 pm, Charley is spanking the Fort Myers area. He turned more to the east than they antisipated. This is good news for Nuthnbuttrouble and myself but bad news for anyone in Orlando, Kissimmee, and Daytona.

Nuthnbuttrouble did you have to evacuate??

That bastard of a Hurricane jumped from 110 mph winds to 140-160 in a blink. I truly feel sorry for anyone in the fort myers area.

I,ll be prayin for them!!

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got home from Punta Gorda ....what a mess.
funny how we take for granted all the little things...running water, food, electricity, traffic lights, air conditioning, a nice bed, a roof over your head, hot water ....ect.ect.ect.

We set up a Base of Operations on Friday night...and began searching for trapped victims through Monday...
The storm destroyed 80 % of Punta Gorda, and crippled Arcadia also. I guess you all already know this though...I got home last night so watching TV was interesting to say the least. I will have pictures developed today and will be able to post later this week.

Good to be back home....Thanks all for the best wishes.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
my parents live just west of punta gorda in rotunda west, they got lucky only slight damage. i also have friends in punta gorda, they went to a shelter so they are allright, but i haven't heard about what damage their home may have sustained.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts