SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here we go again, looks like were gonna get another spankin. She looks like shes gonna come in at Daytona Beach and probably hook right up the coast.

I will get in one last day of surfing tommorrow then pack up the SRT-10 and head west.

Damn Hurricanes!!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Marc- you might want to make it "north west". Looks like Frances is about 3x the size of Charley.
I have a buddy in Titusville (by Cape Kennedy) who's boarding up, again. A lot of my friends are in the Orlando/Tampa area. They're getting ready as well.

Another big party down in the 'Glades. :D

"I was in Miami when Hurricane George hit the Keys a couple of years ago. They evacuated the Keys, and everybody left except for one guy who was gonna stay there and tie himself to a tree on the beach, to prove a point. The point was, he said, at 53 years of age he was in good enough physical conditon to withstand the wind and the rain from a Force 3 hurricane. Alright. Well, let me explain somethin' to ya.....
It isn't *that* the wind is blowin'. It's *WHAT* the wind is blowin'.
If you get hit with a Volvo, it doesn't really matter how many sit-ups you did that mornin'.
" -Ron White, Comedian.

Good luck, and be safe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Man - you guys are getting rocked in Florida! Here in CA we get earthquakes but nothing like the punishiment you've all been getting.

Stay safe!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Good luck to you Marc and all our Floridian srt brothers. Man this one looks really ugly.... its a hell of a hurricane year already and its only sept 1!!!

patrick

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Good luck to you Marc and all our Floridian srt brothers. Man this one looks really ugly.... its a hell of a hurricane year already and its only sept 1!!!

patrick
Huh? What? Speak up, it's a little loud with 140mph winds whipping around and all.

Craig

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah I need to call my friend in fl. she lives in cocoa beach, anyway here in ga its been raining (effects from frances I guess).

·
Banned
901 Posts
Not looking good, our task force (FLTF - 3) is getting ready for deployment again... This is going to make Charley look like a typical rainstorm.... Good luck East coasters...Help wll soon be on the way...We still have a slim chance that it could go North...not likely but hopefully. I would love to see it make a u-turn.

Anyone that has the opportunity to get out....GET OUT...
This one will clean homes to the slabs if in the direct eye of the storm, this one has an 80 mile wide eye.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
My family is originally from Florida! The nice thing about living in Alaska is we only get earthquakes! The bad thing is they are unpredictable. Time to load up and head out! Good luck.... I sure wish these hurricanes would stop so Football could begin. GO Canes!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joeykunz said:
Marc, we should be fine here in Jax, its going to hit lower..
Yeah, It looks that way. But I still think we will get a bit of a thrashing. This storm is much bigger than Charley.

We'll see!!

I got my baby covered up tight, plenty of food, water and batteries so I'm confident we will be ok!

My heart goes out to the folks down south. Two in a row really suks!!!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
Huh? What? Speak up, it's a little loud with 140mph winds whipping around and all.

Craig

wait, what, ohhhh my gosh,,,,its not hurricane Frances, its just Craig flying by at 140 mph.....what was that I heard...could of swore it was the Scorpions!!!! LOL

good luck fellas, man I dont wish that storm on anybody...except maybe my neighbor!!!! :eek:

patrick

·
Registered
329 Posts
Do you think if there are enough storms that they get up to the "R's" they will call one Hurrican "Ram SRT-10" Sorry... I've had alot to drink. :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
thats great...LOL

·
Registered
447 Posts
nothnbutrouble said:
Our task force that responded to Charley....now on standby for Frances
Why are all these folks smiling?

A. They helped out A LOT of people and are proud of it.
B. Charley has passed and the sun is out (finally).
C. The picture was taken from the cab of an SRT-10.
D. All of the above.

You guys (and dogs) do indeed, rock.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Be hopeful that this new storm continues to slow. We are ready ....to deploy if needed....Thanks everyone for the support. I will be on duty Sunday...waiting...hoping there is no one hurt. Gods speed to all affected. Talk to you all soon. A few more pics and one of our USAR trailer:

BTW: If anyone is evacuating to the Clearwater area with their SRT and do not need it as a driver. I have another house with an empty garage at present ,if they need to store their truck in it. Remote included....Just thought I would offer it.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Marc T said:
Yeah, It looks that way. But I still think we will get a bit of a thrashing. This storm is much bigger than Charley.

We'll see!!

I got my baby covered up tight, plenty of food, water and batteries so I'm confident we will be ok!

My heart goes out to the folks down south. Two in a row really suks!!!
Marc,
It looks like we'll see the worst of the wind during the night. I hope all of the nearby trees are pretty stable because my baby has to stay outside. If all goes well I'll have my baby at the Ronald McDonald Car show at the Avenues Mall next saturday.
Mark

1 - 20 of 23 Posts