SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can get a white Hurst Classic 6-speed shift knob to replace my original? I'm looking for the one that is white, big, round, fat and has the black 6-speed shift pattern. Thanks in advance. :)

Scott Ross :D
Billings, MT
2005 silver SRT-10 RC

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shift knob replacement

SITEDRIFTER

Thanks - I'll check it out. Much appreciated. :)

Scott :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was checking this one out. You can get real black wood handles or there are carbon fiber replacements. You can get the 6-speed pattern too.
I don't have the link to it now, but will find it if someone else is interested.
I think the maker is GUNSLINGER PRODUCTS.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Don;t own it, just want it. the angle of the pistol grip might be enough to overcome the zero to negative angle of the stick. Dunno. Looks like the wodden pistol grip would do nicely.

Site

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I do

ScottRoss said:
Anybody know where I can get a white Hurst Classic 6-speed shift knob to replace my original? I'm looking for the one that is white, big, round, fat and has the black 6-speed shift pattern. Thanks in advance. :)

Billings, MT
2005 silver SRT-10 RC

I have one that I purchased at the Winternationals last year from the Mr Gasket Rep. (Mr Gasket owns Hurst). I am not going to use and it is still in the package........Jack

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hurst shift knob - big, fat, white w/6-speed shift pattern

Thanks guys. :)

I contacted Mr. Gasket and the tech said they don't have one for the SRT-10. Part #1630016 won't fit. Still looking. Can get a plain, ivory knob, but would prefer one with the 6-speed shift pattern.

Billings, MT
2005 silver SRT-10

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
all you got to do guys is take it to a machine shop and have it machined to fit , usaually cost around $30, heck you can put a titty shifter if ya want!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Titty shifter

I think I'd like one of those! :D

Scott

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
ScottRoss said:
Thanks guys. :)

I contacted Mr. Gasket and the tech said they don't have one for the SRT-10. Part #1630016 won't fit. Still looking. Can get a plain, ivory knob, but would prefer one with the 6-speed shift pattern.

Billings, MT
2005 silver SRT-10
Mine has the 6 speed patern embossed on it. The Mr Gasket rep had the custom shop make me an threaded insert to adapt it to the truck shift handle.....Jack

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
stinker said:
all you got to do guys is take it to a machine shop and have it machined to fit , usaually cost around $30, heck you can put a titty shifter if ya want!!!
The threads in the knob are metric and the hole is way too big.......Jack

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Maybe the whole isn't too big Jack , Maybe "your" shaft is just too small :eek: By the way one can make anything work , even you just said that an adapter can be made, if you take pert near any shifter to a reputable machinist he should be able too fit it on any shaft, if he is willing to take the time, thats where friends such as BOOMER come in. :D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
stinker said:
Maybe the whole isn't too big Jack , Maybe "your" shaft is just too small :eek: By the way one can make anything work , even you just said that an adapter can be made, if you take pert near any shifter to a reputable machinist he should be able too fit it on any shaft, if he is willing to take the time, thats where friends such as BOOMER come in. :D
Have you been snorting the old dutch cleanser again?.........Jack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts