SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That got alls attention

Well I took the red srt 10 in for her final oil change before she goes in for storage later this week

Well my dealer I bought her from RAPED ME and did not buy me dinner 1st

I was expecting to pay $75 -80

they drilled me for $123 and change

they just sent me a coupon for 10 cyl. engines $28.95 (synt. slightly higher)
when i handed it to the service writer he said it gonna be a little higher

DAMN straight it was higher like a $100 higher

they the tell me when i asked WTF
he was like you can bring your own oil and we will change it for $20

WOW i can buy mobil 1 on sale for like $5.00 a quart
hmm with the $20 its still only $75

I am soooooooooooooooo pissed that they will NEVER see either one of my 3 trucks again even if it is warranty i will go somewhere else

RANT mode off

Jamie

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I've had a $100 oil change on my Viper from the dealer. They have done so much warranty work for me that I felt like it was the least I could do. Granted, they told me the price up front. Sorry to hear about the ambush.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Doc sorry to hear that!

Rolex Dr. said:
That got alls attention

Well I took the red srt 10 in for her final oil change before she goes in for storage later this week

Well my dealer I bought her from RAPED ME and did not buy me dinner 1st

I was expecting to pay $75 -80

they drilled me for $123 and change

they just sent me a coupon for 10 cyl. engines $28.95 (synt. slightly higher)
when i handed it to the service writer he said it gonna be a little higher

DAMN straight it was higher like a $100 higher

they the tell me when i asked WTF
he was like you can bring your own oil and we will change it for $20

WOW i can buy mobil 1 on sale for like $5.00 a quart
hmm with the $20 its still only $75

I am soooooooooooooooo pissed that they will NEVER see either one of my 3 trucks again even if it is warranty i will go somewhere else

RANT mode off

Jamie
My dealr told me that my FIRST oil change is $15.00. I will call and ask them if there is a 'catch'? If so, I will bring my own oil to them.
In any case, I will go to Costco and buy my own Mobil one and either do it myself or take it to another dodge dealer that charges about $23.00 and my oil...rather than $100.00 plus tax..which is about $108.80!

Be glad it iz nawt a Hummuh!---
The Governoator
Arnold S.. ;)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spoke to a guy on the viper board tonite

he takes his oil in to the same dealer and for $20 they do it

he buys the filter from mopar on his discount and gets the oils on sale for like $4.50

HMMMMMM i got to keep my eyes open better
oh well

life lesson learned

JD

·
Registered
249 Posts
Most Dealers charge around $100 for a Viper oil change, but we have heard situations of as high as $250. With 11 quarts in a Snake and a new filter, that is pretty fair, but the issue for you is the dishonest appraisal of a little more. I would be furious too, and can't blame you for your justifiable anger. We have some of our customer's bring in their own oil and filter and we change it for them, though most do the full service, as we check other items and even with tax and shop supplies we are under $100. The reasoning we have heard from some customers who paid really high rates elsewhere are:

1.It takes a special filter ( it does not , though I prefer others to the MoPar ).
2. Vipers/SRT-10 Rams take a special synthetic ( nope, again, hogwash ).
3. We only let our Viper Tech do anything on the car ( sometimes a shop has a set rate for all Viper work, so you could pay more for his/her labor on your car ). Some folks don't mind this , as they want someone certified to touch their baby.
4. Some areas of the country are higher on all oil changes due to overhead - can't control this.

Needless to say, a comment of a little more, is retarded, as triple the price is not a little, it is exorbinant. Hang in there, and hopefully your situation will help others and they will be able to get fair, exact prices, from their Dealer.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Bill i noticed you said you prefer other filters other than mopar, I usually do my own maintanence and was wondering which filter you prefer. Thanks Sawyer

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Jamie

Next time just do it yourself.....its one bolt and the filter is right there, nothing in the way, no contortionist action at all!!! Did mine for $60....(everything cost more on Maui!!) Even doing it yourself!!!

Invite the service guy into your rollie repair shop for a "watch tune up"!!! Tell him, "awe it wont be much at all, couple of bucks!!!" LOL :eek: :D

patrick

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lubrication, or lack thereof

I'd say that you were ass-raped by a gang of elephants w/out the KY. I had a dealership quote me an oil change for $100. I had gotten an oil change at another dealership out of town for around $60. When I told him that, he said that the dealership messed up and they probably put the wrong oil in it and that is why it was so cheap. This was when I only had a couple thousand miles, so I was paranoid until I got home and checked the receipt. Wew! Luckily, through this forum, I have found a dealership that I trust and at least uses KY when they rape me on the maintenance prices.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL

wow you guys are great

and Maui you are right his next repair is like $125 just a tad more to show him whos boss

Bill I agree this is a special truck and special itmes cost more $$ to keep going i was just mad that i asked and sadi how much about $75 or so and they said right around there

And Bill I know that my oil change on the new one ;) will not be $125 thru you but damn it a long drive to get the oil changed on the yellow one LOL

I cant wait if you know what i mean-

Jamie

patiently waiting for my new yellow rocket ship (OK not really patiently waiting)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
yes that was an awful way of treating you at that dealership. since i live near you could you give me a hint as to what dealer it was?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeh, Dr. Time, I agree completely with your whole assessment, and my note was just to state the balonney that is often used by Dealers to try and justify a ridiculous price - i.e. Special this, Special that. The oil, filter , etc. used on the truck is available most everywhere, and it should be a bit higher only because it takes 11 qts., and it might be a bit more for labor with a Viper Tech ( as he may have a higher flat rate standard ). The fact that they said just a little more and charged you a ton more is reprehensible. You are right, we would be less ,but the drive is a bit.....heck, I might even have to take you out to dinner and have a few cereal malt beverages, so it could maybe cost me even more than you to have your oil changed, ha,ha.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
With TWO SRTs you might want to start doing this yourself! ;)

I really enjoy doing most of the wrenching on my rides and on my boat too. I figure the SRT 10 will be something like the boat. She has twin 7.4 Mercs and changing the oil on her is a *****...I'm typically drunk by the time I'm done ;) The SRT is a no brainer in comparision. Not even a 1 beer job depending on thirst condition:)

I sure would like to hear others thoughts as far as the best oil filter available for these puppies???? You can get Mobil 1 Synthetic in the 5 quart just a Walmart on the cheap....I typically get my oil from Costco.

Bill P - is the stock plug magnetized or is there an aftermarket unit available do you know? I guess you can answer the filter question too?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts