SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
They came out in January. I guess nobody in your area is stepping up to the plate. My local dealer had two in stock, one sold ( only 59k each!! ) I went over to check em out and WOW !!! All I could say to the salesmen was this is a hot rod!! Pictures dont really show how cool the profile is and especially how big those 22' wheels are. I never did test drive one, they wouldnt let me.
Both were in the showroom. Kinda didnt want to test drive it for fear that I would have to have it. Well I ended up that way anyway and a black beauty is on the way. Havent seen it or driven it, but I am in love!!! ;)

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Bill Pemberton told me DC made 2500 to 3000 of the srt/10's. Is there any way to figure out which number ours is and how many they really did make? Like you I like the idea that it is very limited.

patrick

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think there's a forum member in the AL area.
I'd love to see video of that fly-by:
"Was that a.....did he just....sounded fast, didn't it?"
:D

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
I'm 99% sure I have the only SRT Ram in my area. So many people go ape-sh!t when they see it! :D I had to go about 50 miles from home to get it. They had two - the other was sold, sight-unseen, to someone in Conneticut I believe. It's cool having a True Limited Production Vehicle. :cool:

I kinda got lucky with my Syclone. They were supposed to be built in '92 as well, but that never happened. I have #480 of about 2,996. Again, to the best of my knowledge, I have the only one in this immediate area.

My '95 R is #58 of 250 - super rare - but most people just think it's a Mustang with an aftermarket hood. Although, every so often somebody recognizes it for what it is, and they go :eek: :D :cool: !!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just happen to be looking at and comparing the Infiniti g35 and the lexus is300 today and when i drove up the sales guy at the infiniti place was telling me how the were limited prod. vehicle. I said " really, how limited?",and he said "12,000" for the u.s.". I started laughing and i kind of felt bad,he didn't seem to get it,.......................oh well. thought i'd share that with you fellars

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've seen quite a few on I-75 and I-85 in Georgia. When I was on my way to Valdosta the other day (~330 miles) I saw two silver SRT-10s going in the opposite directions, not at the same time of course.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Be happy to put someone in my black new one with 82 miles for less than msrp...603-502-9944 Ed

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are 2 at my local Dodge stealership, they want $57K!! There are also 2 red ones owned here. One has a claimed 75 shot (NOS), and the other is bone stock. The reason I say claimed is because the fool shows up at the track, & local hang out spots and just pops his hood, never runs. I ran the other on the street Saturday night, a 30-100 run, I had him by about 4 truck lenghts, but I'm pretty heavily modded. I REALLY want a peice of the other guy.

·
Registered
248 Posts
We got called by another Dealer who wants to dispose of 2 on our doorstep, as his customers think the truck is foolish. Geez, of course it is, but life is here to enjoy and hauling A is every bit as important as hauling stuff!

The reason you may not have seen any, is not too many were built. I imagine we will have a total count in the next month or more, as it usually takes about 2-3 months once production shuts down to get a total count.

Bill P

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Bill

Is there any way to tell which number ours was out of the total built? Since there was less than 3000 made ( or so I hear ) thats a limited amount. We are all unique and special now with our limited production trucks. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Foolish vs practical

Whether or not are trucks are foolish all depends on your perspective -- if you consider them to be both transportation AND entertainment then you can convince yourself that they are downright practical. ;)

I wish his customers the best of luck with their new mini-vans....

Scot

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Sugarland you are correct, foolishness is about perspective and I would feel like a fool driving a minivan or a little compact import whatever....I want what I want and that is a "hot rod truck". Heh a Casio watch tells time just fine but I would rather wear a nice Rolex!!

patrick

·
Registered
16,986 Posts
Well said.A Timex keeps better time than my Rolexes,but do they feel better :) .You could live in a tent too,but a nice house is better IMHO.It is all about what you want out of life.You get out as much as you put in.

You only go through life once ,but if you do it right ,once is enough.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Heh, just repeating his comments , and since most of the vehicles I have owned folks consider impractical, I thought his assessment was funny. Loved the Minivan comment,and sure enjoy the fact that most Dealers don't get the Viper , SRT-10 Ram, SRT-4 concept -- fun is the main ingredient to an enjoyable life, and it comes as a daily dosage with those vehicles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.