SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would have seen one by now for sure. Is there a reason they're not getting them out, or was it supposed to take this long?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
They came out in January. I guess nobody in your area is stepping up to the plate. My local dealer had two in stock, one sold ( only 59k each!! ) I went over to check em out and WOW !!! All I could say to the salesmen was this is a hot rod!! Pictures dont really show how cool the profile is and especially how big those 22' wheels are. I never did test drive one, they wouldnt let me.
Both were in the showroom. Kinda didnt want to test drive it for fear that I would have to have it. Well I ended up that way anyway and a black beauty is on the way. Havent seen it or driven it, but I am in love!!! ;)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Bill Pemberton told me DC made 2500 to 3000 of the srt/10's. Is there any way to figure out which number ours is and how many they really did make? Like you I like the idea that it is very limited.

patrick

·
Registered
447 Posts
I think there's a forum member in the AL area.
I'd love to see video of that fly-by:
"Was that a.....did he just....sounded fast, didn't it?"
:D

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I'm 99% sure I have the only SRT Ram in my area. So many people go ape-sh!t when they see it! :D I had to go about 50 miles from home to get it. They had two - the other was sold, sight-unseen, to someone in Conneticut I believe. It's cool having a True Limited Production Vehicle. :cool:

I kinda got lucky with my Syclone. They were supposed to be built in '92 as well, but that never happened. I have #480 of about 2,996. Again, to the best of my knowledge, I have the only one in this immediate area.

My '95 R is #58 of 250 - super rare - but most people just think it's a Mustang with an aftermarket hood. Although, every so often somebody recognizes it for what it is, and they go :eek: :D :cool: !!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just happen to be looking at and comparing the Infiniti g35 and the lexus is300 today and when i drove up the sales guy at the infiniti place was telling me how the were limited prod. vehicle. I said " really, how limited?",and he said "12,000" for the u.s.". I started laughing and i kind of felt bad,he didn't seem to get it,.......................oh well. thought i'd share that with you fellars

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've seen quite a few on I-75 and I-85 in Georgia. When I was on my way to Valdosta the other day (~330 miles) I saw two silver SRT-10s going in the opposite directions, not at the same time of course.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Be happy to put someone in my black new one with 82 miles for less than msrp...603-502-9944 Ed

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are 2 at my local Dodge stealership, they want $57K!! There are also 2 red ones owned here. One has a claimed 75 shot (NOS), and the other is bone stock. The reason I say claimed is because the fool shows up at the track, & local hang out spots and just pops his hood, never runs. I ran the other on the street Saturday night, a 30-100 run, I had him by about 4 truck lenghts, but I'm pretty heavily modded. I REALLY want a peice of the other guy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
We got called by another Dealer who wants to dispose of 2 on our doorstep, as his customers think the truck is foolish. Geez, of course it is, but life is here to enjoy and hauling A is every bit as important as hauling stuff!

The reason you may not have seen any, is not too many were built. I imagine we will have a total count in the next month or more, as it usually takes about 2-3 months once production shuts down to get a total count.

Bill P

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Bill

Is there any way to tell which number ours was out of the total built? Since there was less than 3000 made ( or so I hear ) thats a limited amount. We are all unique and special now with our limited production trucks. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Foolish vs practical

Whether or not are trucks are foolish all depends on your perspective -- if you consider them to be both transportation AND entertainment then you can convince yourself that they are downright practical. ;)

I wish his customers the best of luck with their new mini-vans....

Scot

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Sugarland you are correct, foolishness is about perspective and I would feel like a fool driving a minivan or a little compact import whatever....I want what I want and that is a "hot rod truck". Heh a Casio watch tells time just fine but I would rather wear a nice Rolex!!

patrick

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Heh, just repeating his comments , and since most of the vehicles I have owned folks consider impractical, I thought his assessment was funny. Loved the Minivan comment,and sure enjoy the fact that most Dealers don't get the Viper , SRT-10 Ram, SRT-4 concept -- fun is the main ingredient to an enjoyable life, and it comes as a daily dosage with those vehicles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts