SRT10 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
If "stones" were all that was involved in a tow rating, then the Lightning and the Ram SRT-10 would be able to tow 15,000lbs. :D

My bet is the trans and clutch would not hold up in the long run. The L has the same limitation with lowered suspension and car type tires (although I know the Ram has that worse with the 22's), but maintains a tow rating.

It is pretty much a foregone conclusion that the Gen III Lightning will have an auto trans. Whether it will be a 5-speed, or a 6-speed, we do not know. Also, there has been talk of a paddle shifter for it............ but who knows. Enginewise, Coletti and others have pretty much nailed it down without "really" saying it.............. it will have a version of the Ford GT engine.

There has been rumor that the last production year for the GT (there will only be 3) will be using the V10 shown in the Shelby concept (this came from a Ferrari/supercar enthusiast who is very "in-the-know" about the supercar world........... money does buy you something). This would free up the GT engine for other uses without the possibility of stepping on any toes.

The heads of the SVTOA chapters and other SVTOA (SVT Owners Association) upper crust recently got to preview upcoming SVT projects. Now, of course they are not able to say anything directly, due to confidentiality agreements they signed. However, they did say that the next L will absolutally knock everyones socks off. Take that for what it is worth.

It's funny............ I am a member of many forums of many different manufacturers. Whenever there is one of those "what is better" types of threads, I always tell people that what is better is what works better for them.......... not me, as it is them who is spending the money. I then usually get accused of being a "Ford girl." LOL (interesting since I own 8 vehicles, and only 3 are Fords).

On that note, anyone want to buy a real nice 2 owner 68 Chevy C10??? It only needs paint and trim. We need room for a boat we want to buy. :D

Personally...I think the SRT-10 is an awesome truck with GREAT potential. The Lightning guys has a tought time at first getting decent times and we have automatics. The SRT-10 is such a sexy automobile...no even considering it a truck. I'm not sure whether I'd give up my Lightning for one but I would certainly own one and if the funds are available anytime soon that may be an option. Within a year this truck will accomplish many things and I hope to see such great things accomplished...not brand specific just that I'm a fan of going fast. I'm not a die-hard Ford fan...I like the SVT products and some others but I also like several other products, SVO for one. THe SRT-10 has things the lightning doesn't have and we have things the SRT-10 doesn't...(price mostly), but people who buy the SRT-10 more than likely aren't even concerned about the price that much...so why so many arguments about fast+cheap=God? If you're fast in a truck then you should receive props no matter what make vehicle you have. If a Hemi truck runs a sub 14 I will give mad props to the owner. This is my humble opinion and I'm certain this doesn't represent the other Lightning owners but I just wanted to make a positive statement...thanks Dodge for finally coming to your senses and thanks for making something beautiful AND fast!

SNCBOOM said:
Personally...I think the SRT-10 is an awesome truck with GREAT potential. The Lightning guys has a tought time at first getting decent times and we have automatics. The SRT-10 is such a sexy automobile...no even considering it a truck. I'm not sure whether I'd give up my Lightning for one but I would certainly own one and if the funds are available anytime soon that may be an option. Within a year this truck will accomplish many things and I hope to see such great things accomplished...not brand specific just that I'm a fan of going fast. I'm not a die-hard Ford fan...I like the SVT products and some others but I also like several other products, SVO for one. THe SRT-10 has things the lightning doesn't have and we have things the SRT-10 doesn't...(price mostly), but people who buy the SRT-10 more than likely aren't even concerned about the price that much...so why so many arguments about fast+cheap=God? If you're fast in a truck then you should receive props no matter what make vehicle you have. If a Hemi truck runs a sub 14 I will give mad props to the owner. This is my humble opinion and I'm certain this doesn't represent the other Lightning owners but I just wanted to make a positive statement...thanks Dodge for finally coming to your senses and thanks for making something beautiful AND fast!
thank you from all of us srt guys!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.