SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
well I was driving my srt10 yesterday and I noticed that my trucks fan kicked in and it rarely does so I checked the water temperature and it was almost at 260 !! So I check the engine and the heating hoses were touching the manifold, so one heater hose burned. I went to autozone and bought the same heater hose size, I also bought two gallons of antifreeze.

So I installed the heating hoses and file the radiator with antifreeze (no water at all) i drove the truck to the movies and back. When I got back it started overheating as well.

Can anyone send me a diagram or pictures of their water hoses I think I might of installed mine the opposite

Send me pictures of your heating hoses please (one hose connects next to the alternator and the other hose connects to the radiator

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you fill the system with 100% coolant it will over heat. You also used the wrong coolant. Prestone don't make a fluid that is compatible with a Mopar. You need Zerex G05 or Mopar fluid. Time to drain everything and start over. Also don't forget to clean out the overflow bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.