SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you are like me you get frustrated with morons in traffic on their cell phones. Just the other day there was a young woman pacing herself with the slower 18 wheelers on a hill - in the fast lane. She was holding up ten cars that wanted to pass her. Eventually the lanes opened up so people could get around her. As I passed her she was engrossed in her phone conversation totally oblivious to the road hazard she created. I'm sure you've all had someone drift into your lane while they dial a phone number or look in their purse or briefcase for their ringing phone. My good friend, a business man who is constantly on his cell phone while driving, just got a ticket the other day. The cop told him that he normally let people off for the same offense with a warning. But, in this case, because my friend was on his cell phone and not concentrating on what he was doing, the cop had to write the ticket. My friend readily admitted that he was on autopilot and not paying attention to his driving. I admit to using my cell phone in the car from time to time but I try to limit it to open roads and highways with little or no traffic.

http://www.harktheherald.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=46763 is a link to an interesting article on the effects of cell phones on the reactions of drivers. I'd be real interested in what you all think on the subject.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I know in CA they were making hand held cell phones illegal for use in an automobile (unless you were parked). That would be a start but doubt it is consistently enforced.

Absolutley ! At least the normal morons holding up traffic can see you coming as well as the satisfaction that you get when they can see you flip them off :D

Of course some people are worse than others....I know I have been (on occasion) guilty of leaving work, talking on the cell phone and upon arriving at home, realized that the trip was a blur. Its only 5 miles but still.... I don't talk on the phone any time I am driving the SRT10. The combination of me being a speed freak and the truck, things happen too fast to not be paying attention.

I don't think you can really make them illegal but brain dead offenders should be pulled over, given a ticket. Tickets should be cumulative and after 3 tickets a offender should receive a huge fine or temporary loss of license.

There are alot of drivers while talking on their cell phones that are worse than drunk drivers. At least you know those drunk drivers are concentrating really hard to stay in between the lanes and that nobody is following them :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Big, I will agree 100%. I to have been guilt on occasion. However I think this is out of control. People need to remember that driving is a privilege and not a right and needs your full attention! :D

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
You're right, cell phones should not be used in motor vehicles (By ANYBODY). And in the case of Female drivers, only one should should be permitted in the car at any one time - the Female OR the phone!

(I'd prefer the phone)

I drive 90K+ a year. I can find something to ***** about with EVERYONE! :mad: So I think I'll just STFU before I piss a few peeps off here. ;)

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I had a mail delivery person almost run me off the road. When I pulled up along side of her She had a cell phone in one hand up to her ear and a sandwich in the other hand!!!

I pulled up along side and yelled "LADY YOUR A [email protected]#$&ING ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN". She didn't even bat an eye!!

I was so pissed I called the local post office and reported her ass !!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here in Japan you get caught and you get a $500 fine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I can't stand it either! I just love it when your driving along and you follow someone on their cell phone and they just start driving slow, so you go to pass them, and then they realize what's goin on and they speed up. I hate that. Usually just drop a couple gears in the beast and let ur go! But yeah, cell phones being used while in busy traffic are dangerous.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Marc T said:
So what do the all the guys with fast cars in Japan think of your huge powerful Ram??
Don't have a Japanese car, never have and never will. Stationed over here with US Military. All my toys are home in Illinois. Seen several spend $35k or more on a GTR that they can't bring home with them, that's why I bought a SRT10.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My personal belief is that cellphones shouldn't be allowed when you're going over a certain speed limit (like, 55mph+), and if you're in a heavily congested area (like the middle of town or rush hour). If you're going to use cellphones and not pay attention at least do it while you're alone...

BTW, I'm all about handsfree :D When I get an SRT-10 I'll make sure it has the UConnect option (unless, ya'll think that it's a POS)...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
JapanAaron said:
Don't have a Japanese car, never have and never will. Stationed over here with US Military. All my toys are home in Illinois. Seen several spend $35k or more on a GTR that they can't bring home with them, that's why I bought a SRT10.
Everything is small in Japan. That SRT-10 Ram would really stand out. Probably as big as one of their dump trucks!! :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
Cell phone makes for Irate

my son in law who is stationed in Hawaii was here with family during xmas...he says that a popular t-shirt or ca sticker over there is:
"I hope your cell phone gives you Cancer"...
for all those drivers out there not paying attention.

d :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Dallas said:
my son in law who is stationed in Hawaii was here with family during xmas...he says that a popular t-shirt or ca sticker over there is:
"I hope your cell phone gives you Cancer"...
for all those drivers out there not paying attention.

d :D
Dallas, LOL ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts