SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK - Who else out there is getting killed on insurance for thier SRT-10? I'm 34 and single. I've had two accidents in the last two years, both were not my fault. One they had to replace a totaled car.
I have full coverage with vehicle replacement through Allstate and now pay $220 a month. Thats $2,640 a year.

·
Registered
654 Posts
That's fairly cheap, I checked with Progressive for a quote online and got quote $450/month.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Based on age & driving record. I pay $1,300/year for 2002 Chevy Trailblazer & 2004 SRT-10. SRT-10 is less than Chevy Trailblazer...go figure. Clean record for 25 years.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I am 40, single, no wrecks ( knock on wood) and pay $492 every six months. It is with USAA.

patrick

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I hope this dosen't jinx me, but I pay $300.00 every 6 months. It is cheaper than my 02 Dakota 5.9's insurance was.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I pay so much insurance, it's like another car payment! :mad: But for both of mine, I pay about $1100.00 a year. That's because I suspend the policies in the winter which keeps theft/vandelism on them. However after researching other options, I am going to switch to an "Agreed Value" policy that will put it to about $1400.00 year for both. So that way they are insured for the value I set! :D

So overall all I pay about $485.00 per month, that's for full coverage on all of my toys.

I can't imagine Craig's Bill! (Unless he just replaces them outta pocket! :confused: :eek: )

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have State Farm and also have my home-owner's through them.

2004 RAM SRT-10: $275 every 6-months
1996 GEO Tracker: $200 every 6-months

·
Registered
654 Posts
That is seriously cheap, either way if you can afford the car you shouldn't have to worry about insurance anyways.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Im 25 and have no tickets. I pay $216 a month, my quadcab hemi was $258. I couldn't get over it when he told me it went down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can't tell you about the truck. but i gotta viper on the way, $750/6 months with progressive. Escalade for $660/6mo. i would imagine the truck would be cheaper.

male 27, no accidents or tickets in 2+ years.

was paying $950/6mo for a Gremlin i paid $200 for. I guess they figured I would end up killing someone.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I think it really depends on where you are, as well as your record. Minor accident 4 yrs. ago otherwise a clean record 1400.00 per year. about the same for my Hemi when it was new. ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
650 a year,insurance co. did not charge high performanve surchage..C6 vette was 1100 a year ..50yrs young,perfect record..

·
Registered
48 Posts

I am 41 clean driving rec. and I pay $501 every 6 mo for $250,000. $500,000 coverage on my SRT10 QC but I also have a 200 viper that I have with a classic car ins co. and I pay only $315 a YEAR. The only thing is I have to agree to drive it less than 5000 miles a year. Not a problem for me. If they will consider a SRT-10 a classic and you don't plan on driving a lot maybe you need to check with one of they classic car ins. companies.

·
Registered
117 Posts
40 yrs old no accidents $875 w/ full coverage $300K/ 1 million USAA :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
budgetco said:
If they will consider a SRT-10 a classic and you don't plan on driving a lot maybe you need to check with one of they classic car ins. companies.
This is what I posted about yesterday, in the alternate insurance thread. What company are you with? So far I have only found one that will write in Alaska so I am trying to compare. :) The one I found with be $1400.00 a year for both trucks with an "Agreed Value" policy.

·
Registered
264 Posts
42 with an one accident paying 2200.00 per year but I also declared the vehicle value at 50k.Those who are getting away with a lot less may only have coverage value of a regular ram but I dunno . :eek:

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
28, single and pay 128 a month with allstate. clean driving record(knock on wood).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts