SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Have a small dilema here, need some advice.
My truck's intake manifold has a slight discoloration on the left side which was there from new.
They are not going to replace it, but the dealer has offered to have the manifold powdercoated any color I want.
But that means pulling everything apart, and I am reluctant to open the engine just for cosmetics.

What would you do??

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Hell, IMO if it's coming off, get it chrome plated! :D :cool:

Maybe the Dealer will pay for it, or at least some of it! Be real easy to wipe clean too!

·
Registered
599 Posts
powerder coating locks in heat.

kleep that in mind

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Roktman said:
Could Cermachrome it to dissipate heat like on my headers.Good to 1300 degrees.
Only if you do the inside also. The ceramic is a good insulator and will keep heat out or in. I was told by SRT guys that a large part of the intake manifold heat comes from being attached to the cylinder heads. If you coat the outside it will work just like header coating and keep the heat in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll just leave it alone, The mark adds character. Just about time to park it for the winter anyway.

Thanks for the info guys

KB

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
9 seconds said:
Only if you do the inside also. The ceramic is a good insulator and will keep heat out or in. I was told by SRT guys that a large part of the intake manifold heat comes from being attached to the cylinder heads. If you coat the outside it will work just like header coating and keep the heat in.
The Quad 1`s from Clearimage Automotive are coated inside as well.No heat issues with them.Hopefully I`ll have a set soon for the SRT-10.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts