SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the latest issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines, there is an interesting feature story called "Hot trucks and muscle cars go head to head". The editors matched various muscle cars, old and new against muscle trucks. All cars and trucks were completely stock and ran on street tires, no drag radials, either. The SRT-10 was pitted against a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 and won 13.18 to 13.42. The 2nd generation Lightning ran against a 2002 Trans Am WS6. For the Lightning owner it was his first time at the track and he lost 13.83 to 13.03. Other match-ups included a turbocharged Buick T-Type vs. a GMC Syclone, a 1970 El Camino SS vs. a 1970 Dodge Challenger and a 1979 Dodge L'il Red Express Truck vs a 1977 Trans Am.

It was especially interesting to me since, as a long time muscle car fan, I have owned several of the cars and trucks involved. I currently have a 2000 Lightning and am hoping to add a Silver SRT-10 QC in the very near future.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
HotRodMan said:
In the latest issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines, there is an interesting feature story called "Hot trucks and muscle cars go head to head". The editors matched various muscle cars, old and new against muscle trucks. All cars and trucks were completely stock and ran on street tires, no drag radials, either. The SRT-10 was pitted against a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 and won 13.18 to 13.42. The 2nd generation Lightning ran against a 2002 Trans Am WS6. For the Lightning owner it was his first time at the track and he lost 13.83 to 13.03. Other match-ups included a turbocharged Buick T-Type vs. a GMC Syclone, a 1970 El Camino SS vs. a 1970 Dodge Challenger and a 1979 Dodge L'il Red Express Truck vs a 1977 Trans Am.

It was especially interesting to me since, as a long time muscle car fan, I have owned several of the cars and trucks involved. I currently have a 2000 Lightning and am hoping to add a Silver SRT-10 QC in the very near future.
So the lightning owner drove his personal vehicle in this magazines track testing? Were all the other vehicles driven by there owners or by the Mags so called professional drivers?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe all the cars were driven down the track by their owners but I'm not 100% sure. I will reread the story when I get home tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts