SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I should be hanging my head cause of thr results but I had such a good time I gotta tell ya the results anyway.

Track = 1/8th Mi
Temp = approx 75 degrees
Humidity = high
Track Conditions = extremely slick

first run (and I mean first time ever)

RT= 1.239
60 ft = 2.488
330 ft = 6.261
594 ft ET = 8.817
1/8 ET 9.379
1/8 MPH 80

The next two runs got even uglier at the line. It was so slippery at the first 60 feet I had to back out of the throttle to get hooked up each time. My reaction times were better but the 60ft times were terrible. My tree game is obviously slacking. Gotta practice that!! I was launching at 2500 RPM and would just sit and spin until I backed out of it.

Funny though, the thing that I worried more about was the 2nd - 3rd shift but all three were clean as a whistle. The truck really pulled hard thru 2nd and third once it hooked up.

I gotta find a better track. This track is lacking in user friendliness, had some rude comments from the good ol boys as I drove out. But no worrys, Ill be back and will get better.

I will post the slips for all to scrutinize tommorrow. Gotta scan them at work.

Was one heck of a good time!!!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Marc T said:
Well I should be hanging my head cause of thr results but I had such a good time I gotta tell ya the results anyway.

Track = 1/8th Mi
Temp = approx 75 degrees
Humidity = high

RT= 1.239
60 ft = 2.488
330 ft = 6.261
594 ft ET = 8.817
1/8 ET 9.379
1/8 MPH 80

The next two runs got even uglier at the line. It was so slippery at the first 60 feet I had to back out of the throttle to get hooked up each time. My reaction times were better but the 60ft times were terrible. My tree game is obviously slacking. Gotta practice that!! I was launching at 2500 RPM and would just sit and spin until I backed out of it.

Funny though, the thing that I worried more about was the 2nd - 3rd shift but all three were clean as a whistle. The truck really pulled hard thru 2nd and third once it hooked up.

I gotta find a better track. This track is lacking in user friendliness, had some rude comments from the good ol boys as I drove out. But no worrys, Ill be back and will get better.

Thats all that matters! You had fun! I wish I could have been there with ya! I've never ran on a drag strip before. I want to though. Alot of my friends have fast cars that go to the track four or five times a summer, and say I'm going with them this summer, but I don't know. I'm like you, I worry to much about everything, like hitting third gear and things like that. I guess you just tune everyone out and just have fun, right!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Marc

The important thing is you went and had fun. There is a lot going on with the light tree, helmet on, nervous, dont wanna blow up or crash your 50k truck!!! I know I felt them all. Your first run was almost as good as my best run, I have been there twice so far. Our season doesnt start until late Feb. The easiest thing to fix will be your reaction time, the sixty is the hard one. My best is 2.33 The hillbillies may hassle us, but they wish they had our trucks and could have married someone other than their teethless sister!!!

patrick

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
As the others have already said, good for you for going and having fun.

There are a lot of good people at the track who don't care what brand of vehicle you're running or how much experience you have. They are there to have fun and to help each other go faster. They will be willing to help with driving tips and even parts if you need them.

Another type of racing that is a whole lot of fun is autocross. Some of the Viper and Vette owners on this forum have probably done it. You can drive your vehicle to the edge - without getting a ticket! The more experienced drivers will ride with you if you want and give you pointers. I raced Subarus in autocross before but now I'm thinking of taking my truck to a meet in Wendover, NV. this March. Can you say "throttle steer?" This is one of the larger courses and most of the cars hit over 100 mph in the straights.

Hey Maui, that's not fair what you said about hillbilly women not having any teeth. I know a girl from Arkansas that has three of 'em.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Marc T said:

Track = 1/8th Mi
Temp = approx 75 degrees
Humidity = high

RT= 1.239
60 ft = 2.488
330 ft = 6.261
594 ft ET = 8.817
1/8 ET 9.379
1/8 MPH 80

next time you go to the track try some traction mods......if you cant hook and launch hard you wont be quick.....try some of the free mods they work

·
Registered
70 Posts
Marc T said:
Open for any and all suggestions!!

remove the swaybar, put 2 inch lowering shackels on the back for better weight transfer, spring clamps, put 12 gallons of water in the spare tire the extra weight in the rear of the truck realy helps with traction lower air pressure on the rear tires 5 pounds

all these mods will help you launch harder so you can run much quicker

to put water in the spare tire just remove the air valve put a 3 foot long hose on the valve stem with a funnel on the other end and fill..... when your done put the valve back in then fill with air......this will put 80 to 90 pounds in the rear of the truck where we need

if you do these mods i will guarantee you will run much quicker........someone prove me wrong.........spring clamps are $10, lowering shackles are $50 the other mods are free.......

with these mods i have gone 2.00 60ft times with the stock tires 245/70/17 and (no nitrous).......with the nitrous and mickey thompson street tire my 60ft times are in the 1.7s......for every tenth you drop in the 60ft you will drop 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile.......it's all in the 60ft times.....

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hemi777 said:
remove the swaybar, put 2 inch lowering shackels on the back for better weight transfer, spring clamps, put 12 gallons of water in the spare tire the extra weight in the rear of the truck realy helps with traction lower air pressure on the rear tires 5 pounds

all these mods will help you launch harder so you can run much quicker

to put water in the spare tire just remove the air valve put a 3 foot long hose on the valve stem with a funnel on the other end and fill..... when your done put the valve back in then fill with air......this will put 80 to 90 pounds in the rear of the truck where we need

if you do these mods i will guarantee you will run much quicker........someone prove me wrong.........spring clamps are $10, lowering shackles are $50 the other mods are free.......

with these mods i have gone 2.00 60ft times with the stock tires 245/70/17 and (no nitrous).......with the nitrous and mickey thompson street tire my 60ft times are in the 1.7s......for every tenth you drop in the 60ft you will drop 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile.......it's all in the 60ft times.....
Thanks Hemi777,

I am trying to find some shackles that will fit the SRT for the rear. Also looking for a good wheel tire set-up. Don,t know if I want to mess with the sway bar. Seems a little extreme. I know this alows the truck to sit more on the rear end, do you have to have a re-alignment after you re-attach the sway bar? Weight in the rear end sounds like a good idea. Maybe some sand bags??

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I with you Mark. I dont want to change the sway bar, but some sand bags sounds easy. Maybe some sort of float we can fill up with water so at the end of the evening you just pull the plug and let it run out. It would also be easier than loading/unloading of the sand bags.

patrick

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Maui one thing we can also try is changing the rear and front shocks. The problem is transfering the wieght from the front to the rear under acceleration. They make special shocks for drag racing street vehicles. Maybe 9 seconds knows but the more the suspension can transfer wieght from the from to the rear the more traction.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I bought a new set of Bilsteins and sent them to the factory to be re-valved. They are terrible on the street. Maybe you could get a less agressive re-valve.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Marc T said:
Thanks Hemi777,

I am trying to find some shackles that will fit the SRT for the rear. Also looking for a good wheel tire set-up. Don,t know if I want to mess with the sway bar. Seems a little extreme. I know this alows the truck to sit more on the rear end, do you have to have a re-alignment after you re-attach the sway bar? Weight in the rear end sounds like a good idea. Maybe some sand bags??

removing the swaybar is not extreme it should only take you 10 min to do .....i took mine off over a year ago with no problems........it makes a big difference......it will allow the front end to rise higher so you can plant the rear tires better.......if you dont want to remove it then unbolt from the frame at the track this works... look for the 4 bolts that hold the swaybar to the frame and take them out at the track this should take you less then 5 min

also the spring clamps are a good cheap traction helper or you can put some traction bars on i just put a set on my truck they are also cheap......let me know if you need any info on the spring clamps or the traction bars

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
hemi777 said:
let me know if you need any info on the spring clamps or the traction bars
Hemi777,
Sorry to disagree with you but you are way off base. You should not be giving advise on a suspension you don't know about. This ain't a regular 1/2 ton!

·
Registered
70 Posts
9 seconds said:
Hemi777,
Sorry to disagree with you but you are way off base. You should not be giving advise on a suspension you don't know about. This ain't a regular 1/2 ton!

9 seconds.... what do you disagree about???? why am i way off base ........these mods been around for along time......if you dont want to try them then dont it's your loss not mine.....when i see someone getting 2.3 to 2.4 60ft times with 500hp theres a problem ......i get 2.00 60ft times with 345hp with the stock street tires.....if you cant get the power to the ground then you will never be quick..........

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
hemi777 said:
9 seconds.... what do you disagree about???? why am i way off base ........these mods been around for along time......if you dont want to try them then dont it's your loss not mine.....when i see someone getting 2.3 to 2.4 60ft times with 500hp theres a problem ......i get 2.00 60ft times with 345hp with the stock street tires.....if you cant get the power to the ground then you will never be quick..........
Not all of us have 2.4 60' times as not all hemi's run in the 12's. The clamping should be done around the mouth area of hemi things not the springs on the SRT-10's. Stay in your own game where you can win...........Jack

·
Registered
70 Posts
fstjack said:
Not all of us have 2.4 60' times as not all hemi's run in the 12's. The clamping should be done around the mouth area of hemi things not the springs on the SRT-10's. Stay in your own game where you can win...........Jack

why the aditude???? whats your problem???? i never said that you all had 2.4 60ft times

1 - 20 of 21 Posts