SRT10 Forum banner

601 - 620 of 646 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
I haven't been there in a good 6 months or so, too much testosterone..

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
haha...understandably so...

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Found a web site that shows gas stations in Florida that still sell ethanol-free gas. There are two in Panama City that sell 93 octane gas, and one in Panama City Beach that sells 91 octane.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=FL

I suggest on race morning, we detour to one of these gas stations to fill up before we take off, instead of the station we used last year. I don't mind putting ethanol in it AFTER we race, I'll just burn it off on the way home, but not before we race.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
i have a tune for 93 non ethanol...that's all i put in it...so if we can find one, i'll all for it...

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Tony, a certain purple bottle showed up today (my spare)! Even though my kit isn't going to arrive in time, I can at least get the spare bottle filled up while down there if I can find a supplier. Did you ever find one? I'm still looking..

Are you down there now bud?

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
still greasy at the house boss, but I can get them filled up here, but dont know of anywhere down there

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Another helpful hint to those going down to PCB... I found what seems to be an excellent window tinter in Panama City after an exhaustive internet search. Last year, at my annual NC vehicle inspection, I discovered that the inspection stations are now using photometers to measure the exact amount of light penetration through a tinted window. Well, I failed miserably, and had to rip the tint off my two front windows while they watched so I could then pass, which I did.

NC law says the limit is 35% light penetration, but the law states you can still pass if your tint is 32% or greater.

I have an appointment at the "Tinting Station" in Panama City at 4pm on Thursday afternoon. Those who are considering getting their windows tinted can check out my two front windows Thursday evening or at the trackon Friday. I can let you know how well they do what they do. They use 3M, and I trust 3M... we'll see how good they are.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Be careful driving down today Chief... I'm leaving tomorrow after work around 5-6pm. Will drive till I can't stay awake anymore, then sleep in the truck (somewhere) and finish up the drive in the morning to be at the Tuning shop by 10am.. then on the the condo before getting the windows tinted at 4pm.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
OK guys, here's what I found regarding gas in Panama City area. There is a station called T&N Express that sells 93 octane (ethanol-free) for a current price of 4.52/gallon. I just got off the phone with them and verified all this. They said they can accomodate 30+ truck arriving on Friday morning. If anyone can find a cheaper place that carries ethanol-free 93, post up, this was all I found...

http://www.floridastategasprices.com/T-and-N_Express_Gas_Stations/Panama_City/106694/index.aspx

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
Be careful driving down today Chief... I'm leaving tomorrow after work around 5-6pm. Will drive till I can't stay awake anymore, then sleep in the truck (somewhere) and finish up the drive in the morning to be at the Tuning shop by 10am.. then on the the condo before getting the windows tinted at 4pm.
cheif has been here for three days at my house spud

·
Registered
225 Posts
You guys ever try getting a letter from your optomistrist explaining your need for tint?

I have one in my glovebox and not sure if it would holdup but was told it would. Don't know if the insepctors would take it either, my buddy owns a garage and does mine for me.

I'll probably find out soon enough as all of the side windows and back glass are limo tint. Windshield is tinted too just not quite as dark.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
cheif has been here for three days at my house spud
And?? Is the Brutal 10 making the trip? I assume that's why he's there, and why you are still in NC.

I so want to see that thing run down the strip...

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
You guys ever try getting a letter from your optomistrist explaining your need for tint?

I have one in my glovebox and not sure if it would holdup but was told it would. Don't know if the insepctors would take it either, my buddy owns a garage and does mine for me.

I'll probably find out soon enough as all of the side windows and back glass are limo tint. Windshield is tinted too just not quite as dark.
As my wife is an MD, I could probably get her to write a letter for me, but to me, getting a letter to excuse me allowing me to run with tinted windows when I don't have a medical condition (to me) is just wrong.

I have patients almost daily asking me to get them a handicap placard. I think too many people out there have them, as evidenced by these people parking in handicap spots, then getting out and running into the store. I do not hand them out easily. For me to get a letter from my wife for a condition I really don't have, yet not hand out placards to everyone who asks, well, I would call that a hypocrite.

The letter thing DID run across my mind, however!!!!!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
You kinda went extreme on this. I don't have a condition and never led anyone to believe I did. I simply told my eye doc that when cars got behind me with bright lights it messed with my vision. I wear contacts and have an astigmatsym so I see halos around lights.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
You kinda went extreme on this. I don't have a condition and never led anyone to believe I did. I simply told my eye doc that when cars got behind me with bright lights it messed with my vision. I wear contacts and have an astigmatsym so I see halos around lights.
Man, I tried to be SO careful when I wrote that post to I never once give the impression I was referring to you or remotely judge you.

I was only trying (unsuccessfully) to make note that I did think that very thing (the letter), but explained my reason why I didn't go that route.

No hard feelings Hogfish, I wasn't referring to you in that post, honest! :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

·
Registered
225 Posts
And I take no offense to what you said :)

I think it's just a dumb rule and have no issue, legally bypassing it. I mean comeon, the back windows can be as dark as you want but the fronts can't be over 35. The one that really gets me is, on an SUV the rear window can be blacked out but the rear window on a car can't. I don't get it, if it was really that big a deal they should just outlaw it all together.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
I spoke to Chief last night around 5pm, he was on his way down to PCB, may be there already if he didn't stop for the night. Tony should be there soon as well.

I've been wondering if Hank the Tank is gonna go... anyone heard? Would be nice to finally meet him in person.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
no...he's taking care of his dad...long story...

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Bummer... wanted to meet the guy.

I've got blisters on my fingers from trying to pick all that adhesive junk off the tailgate under the Ram emblem and under the front emblem. The front wasn't too bad, but man, that rear was a royal pain. I tried a heat gun, I tried Goo-gone, I even tried gasoline. Ended up getting a little bit off at a time with my fingernails till they literally bled. Once I got the thick black adhesive under the black plate off, Goo-gone still wouldn't touch the residue that was left, but gasoline eventually got it off. I then cleaned the pain and applied some new Viper badges before re-waxing.

You guys won't like them though... they match my crazy-blue wheel center caps. I would have shot photos, but the camera was already packed away in the truck. Come see them for yourself in Panama City!!!!!!!!!!

I hit the road in 3 hours and 35 mintues. Should be able to sail through Atlanta at 8pm without too much traffic. Next stop, Torrie's Tuning center at 10am tomorrow.

601 - 620 of 646 Posts