SRT10 Forum banner

621 - 640 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Tom I had to use 3m adhesive remover to get most off. I then used this 3m pack I got that included a small piece of sandpaper, rubbing compound, polish, and 2 different pads that can hook up to a cordless drill/screwdriver. I was a little afraid since I had never tried but, you can't even tell their once was a rear badge. My only advice to anyone using this is to follow the directions exactly as printed. Sorry about your fingers though. :sorry: I wish I could see your blue caps. Please post some pics for us and have a great time. :drive:

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Well, I drove straight through and arrived at Adam's Aitomotive at 0200. Sleeping in the front seat is NOT comfortable, but I got four hours, and that's enough. I swear I hit every bug in North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. Sahara never looked so bad. Going to find a touchless if there's one in town. Then I think I'll watch Tron on the DVD player while waiting for Torrie.

I'll post my dyno numbers this am, and will shoot some HD video of the pulls. I may be able to post some videos and photos tonight. I'll seriously try.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Well, I drove straight through and arrived at Adam's Aitomotive at 0200. Sleeping in the front seat is NOT comfortable, but I got four hours, and that's enough. I swear I hit every bug in North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. Sahara never looked so bad. Going to find a touchless if there's one in town. Then I think I'll watch Tron on the DVD player while waiting for Torrie.

I'll post my dyno numbers this am, and will shoot some HD video of the pulls. I may be able to post some videos and photos tonight. I'll seriously try.
You should get your tune done. Hang out for a little while, then go back to the hotel and take a nap. All the action happens at night and you are going to be too tired.

I will see you at the dyno shop today :wavey:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Damn I wish I was coming

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Talked with Spud today. His truck put down pretty good numbers. He looked very tired.

Good to see a lot of people!

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
HP numbers were 459.7hp, and 497ftlbs torque... oh how frustrating to be 3 pounds short of 500! Chief had a good 10 more HP...

The photo below was before the third run, I tried to get a better photo of the screen, but Tony wouldn't get his fat head out of the way so I could take a photo!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Tom, those #s look pretty good to me. Can you please enlighten us on your performance mods that got you their. I eventually wanna actually put down those #s too.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Mopar LT headers
BBK throttle body
Magnaflow cat-back
Torrie tune
K&N air filter
Venom coils/wires

So far I've bested my time last year of 8.89 seconds. I've run two 8.70 back to back and my reaction times are <0.2 seconds.

Doing much better this year!

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Dan is just smoking at the track today. He's run an 8.3, and his reaction times are going to be hard to beat.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It was awesome to see you guys on the live footage barreling down the track! :drive::You_Rock_

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
A couple funny stories from the GTG so far...

Steve was showing off in front of a diesel truck and did a burnout right through an intersection. Unfortunately he did this right in front of a cop. The cop came up behind the group and Steve pulled over to get his ticket. The cop whizzed right past him and then pulled over Anthony to give him a ticket. When he realized he pulled over the wrong truck, he let Anthony off with this warning, "I'm watching you guys, anyone who messes up is going to jail." Whatever...

At dinner last night, we were at a pizza place. They brought us a stack of "clean" plates. I pointed out to Sandy (Dachief) that I could see a pepperoni stuck in the stack under a plate, so he seperates the stack, peels off this nasty pepperoni, then pops it into his mouth and eats it. I wish Dan had seen it, i bet he would have tossed his dinner!

Racing was cancelled after a couple events due to rain. Powderpuff never got to race.

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
Just want to Thank Mr. Tony Sawyer for putting on another GREAT Event... :) :) :) :)

To all my friends/family that were there, Thank You for being who you are... We had a GREAT Time :) :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
I had the best time ever. Though there weren't as many truck there as last year, and even less racing, it didn't change the fact that we had a ball. I was worried that Tony would get discouraged working so hard to put together an event of this magnitude, and have so many not show, but he reassured me that all is well.

I suspect next year I will be bringing down the wife and kids depending on whether it falls after the school year, or before. I really enjoyed having the time alone, and not feeling pulled to be with the family. Not once did I go to bed before 2am, and one night 4:30am.

Tony, I propose next year we lengthen the official event by 1-2 days to give us more time to just hang out. Thursday was the dyno, Friday was racing, Saturday was the car show, and Sunday we left. Would be nice to have a down day with nothing planned to we can finally do the go-cart thing, and some competitive beach volleyball.

But I agree with Chief, hats off to Tony for a spectacular event! I had way more fun this year than last year, and wild hurricanes won't keep me away next year. God willing, I will be there.

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #637
I honestly am not sure I will be doing it anymore spud, this one dug deep in the pocket with all that did not show.

most likely next year it will be a basic GTG, if ya'll wnat to rent the track we will, if ya'll wnat to do some dyno time we will.

if ya'll want shirts , we will do those, but this one really drained me .

but it will be next year posted for a full week deal,

either that or we may do say from friday to wednesday and do the track on the weekend, not sure as yet

but allready working on something for maybe this fall in biluxi

will keep ya posted

but thanks a ton guys, thats what I love hearing and what it is all about, kicking back , relaxing and having a ton of fun!!

and every year it just gets better and better:fing02:

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Well, I appreciate all you do for us. I'll be more than happy to buy a green PCB shirt, you can just throw it on the bill for the header coating.

Did anyone give you an 8mm Craftsman wrench to give to me? I loaned it our Saturday night to someone working in the parking lot, and asked that they just throw it back in the front seat, then left the truck unlocked. In the AM, no wrench, they said they gave it to you?

As for the financing of next year... might I suggest if we decide to rent the track, you just collect the money up front, and there will be no refunds. I feel safe in speaking for Chief and myself, we wouldn't hesitate to throw money your way to secure anything we decide to schedule so the financial burden doesn't fall on your shoulders. It's just not fair to you.

For Challengerfest 2, we had to pay $100 up front to reserve the track, and no refunds. I didn't hear any whining from those who had to back out. If you charge $100/truck, that may even help make some money to pay for other things you line up. I'd pay it. Did you have to pay money to reserve the track? I thought we were all paying when we got there if we were racing?

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
i talked to alisha for a while last night about it...as most really don't know how much of a gtg this size weighs on your shoulders...mentally and financially...

but PCB will NEVER die...if i have to go down by myself and sit on the beach by myself and have a beer by myself...i will...

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #640
Well, I appreciate all you do for us. I'll be more than happy to buy a green PCB shirt, you can just throw it on the bill for the header coating.

Did anyone give you an 8mm Craftsman wrench to give to me? I loaned it our Saturday night to someone working in the parking lot, and asked that they just throw it back in the front seat, then left the truck unlocked. In the AM, no wrench, they said they gave it to you?

As for the financing of next year... might I suggest if we decide to rent the track, you just collect the money up front, and there will be no refunds. I feel safe in speaking for Chief and myself, we wouldn't hesitate to throw money your way to secure anything we decide to schedule so the financial burden doesn't fall on your shoulders. It's just not fair to you.

For Challengerfest 2, we had to pay $100 up front to reserve the track, and no refunds. I didn't hear any whining from those who had to back out. If you charge $100/truck, that may even help make some money to pay for other things you line up. I'd pay it. Did you have to pay money to reserve the track? I thought we were all paying when we got there if we were racing?
no wrench boss? surely not

but if we do a track day next year we most likly will bo, but even with all that raced we came up pretty short, but even with the small amount of $$ we charged this year I had folks complain LOL

but panama wont end, jsut kill the pepper a bit

621 - 640 of 646 Posts