SRT10 Forum banner

SPRING 2011 JTSVP PANAMA CITY GTG DATE

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this poll is for everyone to "help" decide what date to have the spring pcb bash

IT IS HELD IN PANAMA CITY BEACH FLORIDA

I want to get this rolling so that folks can preplan for next year

I have had a few questions about dates and such and here is a few ideas to help you decide that were given to me by the people that attended this years GTG.

1. the question of Kids, Kids are welcome at the GTG, during the day they can have plenty of things to do, at night , they should be in bed, the gatherings at night are no place for kids.

2. Also has been noted about school time and kids getting out of school and such, most people dont bring there kids, so they must make arrangments for them whether in school or out of school so that should not come into play.

3.also not that before labor day the rates are ALOT cheaper , as well as the food and shopping seem to be alot cheaper before the "tourist" season begins

4. The outside temps are also a bit less the further towards the beggining of may, so take that also into consideration if you plan on racing.

we cannot accomidate everyone , but this is your chance to give your input on the date of the spring gtg

The location is not changing, the track is not changing, doing this would take away some of the PCB tradition, so some of those things will stay the same.
Some things that will or may change is a dyno day added, a fuller race day with possible cheaper costs to the racers,a car/truck show with trophys and an actuall schedule of events with times and where and whens so folks want be left wondering.
We are also gonna do some more advertising on different forums to hopefully bring in more folks, such as the hemi crowd, the lx crowd, and yes the ford crowd.
We hope in the years to come to bring this to a national status with everyones help.

PCB as most will tell you is a very special place , where friends come together, and new friends are made. All are welcome

And we also hope to have at the very least unleashedtuning to attend the spring GTG, and do a dyno day and help with track tunning.
Other vendors are very welcome to help sponsor the event , and even have there logo added to the shirts for a minimum cost.

Every Year the GTG has grown larger and larger,this year we had over 60 folks attend, with them comming from accross the country to gather with friends, hopefully we can have an even larger crowd next year , and bring in even more new people.

So even if you dont usually post, or would like to attend , no matter the make or model, please give us your input so we can give you the best possible GTG we can, I will leave this poll up for a couple weeks so that all can get a view, and once the decision is made by the people there will be no changes in the date, with the exception of cancellation due to unforseen problems beyond our control.
and if you like you may let us know also if you plan on attending, and we are welcome to suggestions, but these are the dates chosen , and the events and places are non negotiable.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
With me being military and shooting for spec ops I can't say what day will work but no matter what it is i'll try my best to be there! But i do have one stupid question??? What does PCB stand for?!

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PANAMA CITY BEACH
FLORIDA:fing02:

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
I`m in for sure Tony.:fing02:

Just talked to the girlfriend and she is pumped for attending as well.

I picked the 17th but it really doesn`t matter to us on the dates.

I WOULD suggest NOT doing it Mother`s Day w/e or Memorial Day w/e.

Looking forward to starting a tradition for us in PCB.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I agree Mothers day and Memorial day isn't the best time, but I will do my best to make it next year no matter when it is. I have a feeling this is going to grow into something really big!!!

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
You'll notice, no one is crying

and dammit Tony, I'm not the only one in long pants, so STFU

V2

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
Just look at All those individuals that broke safety rules by racing in shorts.... :)

I'm standing behind enough people so you can't see my Long Pants... :)

So just STFU :D

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Any dates except for the last week, and Im in!!!

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so far fellas it looks like the first weekend in may is gonna be the date:fing02:

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
I just voted... seems I broke a tie.

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Due to the votes on another forum being tainted, I had to close that poll, but with this poll I have made a decision

the Spring JTSVP PCB will be the first week of may

and this is good because one it gives folks time to plan

also , food , gas, and especially rooms are half what they are after first of June.

I cant please all, but I hope this helps with planning next year fellas,

in about a week I will post some info up for everyone to know what is going on

thanks

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Due to the votes on another forum being tainted, I had to close that poll, but with this poll I have made a decision

the Spring JTSVP PCB will be the first week of may

and this is good because one it gives folks time to plan

also , food , gas, and especially rooms are half what they are after first of June.

I cant please all, but I hope this helps with planning next year fellas,

in about a week I will post some info up for everyone to know what is going on

thanks
ThankSS for putting this together Tony.We are in for sure!:yeah::fing02:

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
I hope you know Peggy and I will be there for sure.... :D

Oh BTW: STFU !!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Tony, we (you) should consider writing to a few auto/truck magazines and see if we could get some coverage this time. Would be sweet if Road & Track or some other rag showed up to cover the event, would certainly bring in a larger crowd (a good thing?), and help make it a national event (I think it already is). May have to impose restrictions to keep it "in the family?"

I'm just sayin'...

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I AGREE! Alot more people would attend.

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I may have to get som efolks to help me this year, it really runs me a bit ragged ,

but I do want to take it a bit slow so I dont get overwhelmed, LOL I am still behind on stuff and hope to catch up today.
but we do plan on doing a bit more advertising this year:fing02:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts