SRT10 Forum banner

SPRING 2011 JTSVP PANAMA CITY GTG DATE

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
after talking with a few members the past few days that attended, here is what we plan for next year

Now one thing for those that are new and dont knwo me well, I am my only employee, so sometimes it takes me a bit to get back to some if things get busy, its a lone deal, but we are growing and trying to do it slo so I dont end up like alot of others that try to get rolling

but anyway on to next year

this is what I wnat to do

it is 95% sure first week of may

couple reasons why

the room rates are about $80-$150 cheaper

less crowded and cooler, some folks actually had some probs it was so freakin hot, plus the track will be quicker the cooler it is.

now I will prob get there on a tuesday, most folks come in on either wed or thursday, I do suggest as early as you can, because time does fly by.

but on thursday I am gonna try to organize a dyno day shootout deal, and get with torrie and see if we cant offer tuning and maybe even special pricing.

friday will be the track day, we are working on cheaper pricing , but that will be determined by how many attend.
the classes will be determined on what vehicles show up
but there will be a NA class, a forced induction class, poweder puff and a completly open class

now saturday I want to do a car show deal, only like a 3-4 hour thing, but possibly also where folks can drop some of there used parts too and do a swap meet sorta thing.

now as far as vendors, sponsors and such, in the past I tried an tried to get folks to help to no availe. so now if someone wants to help sponsor, they are more than welcome, it will get them a spot on the shirts, and possible a banner or so.

now if anyone wants to vend at the track , dyno, or car show, we will hve to figure that one out, but I think next year it will still be a bit small so I amay not have to worry about it.

but jsut to let folks know also , we are gonna advertise on the hemi forums, the lx forums, and the mustang and lighting as well as the camaro forums

we want to open it up to all , so that all can have a great time:fing02:

we are def open to suggestions also, and take all into consideration

thanks

I may have to get som efolks to help me this year, it really runs me a bit ragged ,

but I do want to take it a bit slow so I dont get overwhelmed, LOL I am still behind on stuff and hope to catch up today.
but we do plan on doing a bit more advertising this year:fing02:
Dont know if I could do much from here. But if u need, me just yell. :)

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Also ,and I dont really know how to explain this unless you have attended panama

but alot of folks worry they dont want to attend if they cant drive there trucks.................

its not about the trucks, its about the people you will meet and the friends that will be made:fing02:

we have guys fly in from california, utah, pennsylvania, arkansas, and a ton of folks from texas.

to give you some idea, we got there on tuesday, I drove the challey to eat that day, didnt drive it really again until almost friday to the track with the exception of small little food runs.

so dont worry too much about bringing your ride, they are a part of the GTG show, but not a neccessary as Viper jeff will def tell ya:fing02:

and a word about the moonspinner condos

they are actuall condos, either 2-3 bedrooms , fully furnished, two full bathrooms, and a full kitchen and with washer and dryer, and all face the beach..

so you do have full amenities, plus what most folks do is team up with another or another couple and it cuts the rooms down quite a bit, actually usually cheaper than a reg motel , so you come out good, with nice rooms, and decent pricing

the parking lot is guarded, and lite up very well, and all things are very close, from walmart to the grocery store, so no worries about having to drive 30 miles to get anything.:fing02:

if anyone has any questions please ask:reporter:

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Dont know if I could do much from here. But if u need, me just yell. :)
its more than welcome too buddy, thanks

oh and after the show on saturday we allways have a small nice little cookout for everyone, usually having dogs, burgers, shrimp, and crablegs:fing02:

Discussion starter · #25 ·
An Tom aka slower than the chief spud racer:trink26:

if you wnt to help on the trophys bo, you are more than welcome, jsut get with me :fing02:
we like any and all things kinda up beat:fing02:

OH, and before I forget.....

Because this is a JTSVP event, it was nice to see some Ford and Chevy guys there adding to the fun

Discussion starter · #28 ·
also for those that spoke with me at panama, and in the past few days to help me on these decisions.
I want to thank you, ya'll helped me make some tough decisions and gave me a ton of support and I truely thank ya'll, it is most def appreciated:fing02:

Discussion starter · #29 ·
OH, and before I forget.....

Because this is a JTSVP event, it was nice to see some Ford and Chevy guys there adding to the fun
Most definitly good sir, we hope to have a few more of the ford guys there next year,and maybe do a little run fun for dodge agianst ford:trink26:

I'm gonna put my 2 cents in here. And this only because I dont want to see you stressing too much. If you're gonna get all these forums involved. Then I would suggest, finding the head dude from each of those forums to coordinate there own people. You stress enough as it is with just us. My only fear is, if this gets too big, then that tight close knit factor may not be there. I definitely dont want to see us lose the whole SRT10 thing. I agree it's not all about the trucks. But u cant argue that fact, that the trucks are what brought us all together. And there's just something VERY SPECIAL about 20 or so SRT10's rolling down PCB. Think about, how many times in your lifetime can someone say that they witnessed that many 10's in one place. The look on those people's faces is priceless. I would just hate too lose that factor. Alot of people may not know what a 10 is. But they do know they are seeing soemthing way cool.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I'm gonna put my 2 cents in here. And this only because I dont want to see you stressing too much. If you're gonna get all these forums involved. Then I would suggest, finding the head dude from each of those forums to coordinate there own people. You stress enough as it is with just us. My only fear is, if this gets too big, then that tight close knit factor may not be there. I definitely dont want to see us lose the whole SRT10 thing. I agree it's not all about the trucks. But u cant argue that fact, that the trucks are what brought us all together. And there's just something VERY SPECIAL about 20 or so SRT10's rolling down PCB. Think about, how many times in your lifetime can someone say that they witnessed that many 10's in one place. The look on those people's faces is priceless. I would just hate too lose that factor. Alot of people may not know what a 10 is. But they do know they are seeing soemthing way cool.
Now that is def a good idea buddy:fing02:

but no, dont worry, the ALLMIGHTY RAM SRT10 is def the spotlight of the show:fing02:

I would like to turn this into the largest national gathering of legendary ram srt10's in the nation:fing02::fing02:

And as far as I am concerned they will allways have the spotlight:trink26:

but too, I want to broaden it out jsut a bit, not much mind you, jsut a bit, each year to the other brands, bring in a few new folk, to sorta give the soup some flavor:bad:

Even tho other brands sometimes dont want to admit it, the Ram SRT10 with only 8-9000 produced , it is something very special, the people owning them is what got me here, and that will never be forgotten, they will allways come an be number 1 with me, and you can take that one to the bank buddy:fing02:

Even tho other brands sometimes dont want to admit it, the Ram SRT10 with only 8-9000 produced.......
I could be wrong but that number seems a little high to me. :shrug:

No...you're right. I just went and checked Jeff's database and it adds up to almost 9500.
Wow! a lot more than I thought had been produced.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Hank jsut for info a round trip ticket from cali that week is only about $300, wehn it gets closer I can hook you up with a fellar that is comming from el cajon:fing02:

Discussion starter · #36 ·
I could be wrong but that number seems a little high to me. :shrug:

No...you're right. I just went and checked Jeff's database and it adds up to almost 9500.
Wow! a lot more than I thought had been produced.
big dave next year its earlier so it will be cooler buddy and I will bring you a unbrella:fing02:

and I am gonna bring something to rope off an area jsut for us to park also, that way ron want have to worry:fing02:

Discussion starter · #39 ·
I still think I'll just watch from inside the truck.. :D
dotn be afraid, spud and tom want put to bad a hurting on that canadia qc:booty:

maybe we open the show and shine and the track and dyno to everyone...

but have the 10's at the spinner....cuz barney REALLy ain't gonna like it with that many people having a cookout in their parkin lot....

just a thought...

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.