SRT10 Forum banner

SPRING 2011 JTSVP PANAMA CITY GTG DATE

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Well, my thought would be is that the Track and maybe Dyno day and maybe the Show and Shine would be the only events where everyone G'sTG. The rest of the time, the different groups of people would have there own plans. We saw that a little with the SRT folks too, some smaller groups went off and had some fun, and we all still had fun.

V2

dotn be afraid, spud and tom want put to bad a hurting on that canadia qc:booty:
Well, that's what those nice warm days are for...just laying back and dreamin' about something like that actually happening...:booty::D:booty:

Discussion starter · #43 ·
and jsut for some folks that know the history

the brutal 10 should make it in spring, she want be turboed, but she will be a bit nasty:trink26:

but I'm listening fellas to all the suggestions:fing02:

and jsut for some folks that know the history

the brutal 10 should make it in spring, she want be turboed, but she will be a bit nasty:trink26:

but I'm listening fellas to all the suggestions:fing02:
I dont care which route u take with her. Just as long as I get to drive her down the 1/8th one time.:D

Discussion starter · #45 ·
I dont care which route u take with her. Just as long as I get to drive her down the 1/8th one time.:D
not a problem big daddy, she is a legend on her own jackstand:yeah:

Would be honored to handle the trophies for next year, can get trophies for both the track day, and the show. That way, if the show gets cancelled due to weather (again), I can keep the "Best of Show" trophy!

We should be able to attend next year IF it is in early May. We might just drive the SRT down instead of the RV, and just stay at the MoonSpinner.. but WITH THE KIDS again. Don't think we can/will get away from that. We're leaving them behind for our 10th year anniversary vacation in June (probably a cruise and scuba diving in Hawaii)

Hoping by next year to have Strikers, a Cam, and DRs as well as 4.88 cryoed gears. Hope I could still stay in the NA class (Tony??). Also thinking of moving the battery to the rear with Justin's kit, but I've read of a lot of problems with this kit, so will probably just order the tray, and I'll do the wiring myself. That would put more weight in the rear and less in the front. Not a big deal, but should help some. After track day this year, it seems clear that winning occurs on the line, and depends heavily on both reaction time, and traction, NOT on pure power. HAving more power will help if you get caught napping at the line like I did with Chief...

Still working on Jenny to get the OK to consider going "Lime Green" for the engine powdercoating (Heads, valve covers, hard radiator tubes, thermostat housing, and alternator housing, maybe even the oil pan..). How many boos am I going to get with that?! Anyone think it would look good?

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Spud,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I dont think anyone is gonna be this honest on the lime green and yellow...................

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:booty::booty:

Oh and Tom, I would (if it were me) go more with this Green, than the green I used

Spud,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I dont think anyone is gonna be this honest on the lime green and yellow...................

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:booty::booty:
:stupid::notsigned :stupid:

Not so hot on the lime green color......

but to each his own. If you like it, go for it.

i think...since you asked...

that you should do two colors...you could do the green, and the yellar....but you'd have to ditch the blues and reds.......

just my opinion...

QUOTE= SPUDRACER.... Hoping by next year to have Strikers, a Cam, and DRs as well as 4.88 cryoed gears. Hope I could still stay in the NA class (Tony??). .... After track day this year, it seems clear that winning occurs on the line, and depends heavily on both reaction time, and traction, NOT on pure power. HAving more power will help if you get caught napping at the line like I did with Chief...

Hi Tom-

The M&H DRs' net result with 4.56s is around the 4.9 final drive range because the DRs are SO low. The truck (well mine anyway) doesn't really want to be geared that low.

The Strikers (depending on your cam choice) produce a LOT of torque as they are a high velocity/capacity port. Power way down low isn't lacking...

Ronnie

OH, and before I forget.....

Because this is a JTSVP event, it was nice to see some Ford and Chevy guys there adding to the fun
LOL!! How about a Ford Dealership Manager that drives a black SRT-10!!! Fun Times!!!:fing02:

LOL!! How about a Ford Dealership Manager that drives a black SRT-10!!! Fun Times!!!:fing02:
Cool with me, I have a guy that works for Chevy that is always helping me with the Registry.....

I for one, am bringing my own gas next year. I do not like running ethanol Sam I am. I'm bringing my own racing gas to the track... and TWO coolers full of bags of ice for the intake.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Spud be careful too on the icing the intake, that last run you made , you left alot of water down the track

Oops, sorry bout that. I know at the time of my last run, my intake was hot enough to bake clams on it, and there wasn't any water pooled anywhere I could see. It sat a good 25 minutes without any ice on it before I ran (and lost) against chief..

I'm pretty sure they were selling race fuel at the track. I saw the guys getting some out of the VP barrels.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.