SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a paxton charger setup for 3k from a friend whos getting rid of his truck. the only thing is that the truck its coming off of is a quad cab automatic. i do realize that there are two different kits available for our trucks. one for autos and one for manual. am i going to have to get a new control box for it? does it have anything to do with the autos shift points or just timing retard. there has to be some difference obviously. thanks

oh yeah mines a 6 speed. of course you probably gathered that.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The only difference would be the PCM. But your going to have get it "re-flashed" anyways since it's not programmed for your truck. (It's VIN specific).

You will need to contact someone who will re-flash it for you DC Performance will do it, and they are a Vendor on this site, just head here http://www.dcperformance.com/

·
Registered
179 Posts
kerleyfries.....Do you live in OKC? If so, I know who you bought the supercharger from. I am getting several of his parts. How does the supercharger work on your truck? I drove his and he rode in my and we both agreed that my QC seemed much faster than his blown motor. Just wondering how it worked on yours.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im still waiting on dc to send my paxton ecu back to me. since his was the automatic they had to reprogram it back to standard specs. so well see when i get it back.. should be this friday or saturday. the supercharger is fully installed just need the ecu.

i sure am hearing a lot of negatives about these chargers and the motors not holding up well. something about the cylinders getting heated? need to have intake ported? youd think with a good tune this thing should be just fine. youd think..

im located in edmond where bouts you at? what you got done to yours?

·
Registered
451 Posts
The negatives are mainly due to the Paxton's supplying too much power for the Stock Internals and Stock Tranny on the QC's.

If your not planning on upgrading you should plan on turning the boost down on the SC in order to save your truck!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts