SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help...the tail shaft on my 2004 Ram srt10 has a leak at the tail shaft seal. The truck has low miles <2000. I replaced the seal but it still leaks quite a bit. Everything looks perfect with the rotating parts. I did however notice the rubber seal if inserted all the way hits a metal cylinder shroud inside the tail shaft that can distort the rubber.

the part I have looks very different then the pictures. So I am wondering if something changed with the part over time.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Need help...the tail shaft on my 2004 Ram srt10 has a leak at the tail shaft seal. The truck has low miles <2000. I replaced the seal but it still leaks quite a bit. Everything looks perfect with the rotating parts. I did however notice the rubber seal if inserted all the way hits a metal cylinder shroud inside the tail shaft that can distort the rubber.

the part I have looks very different then the pictures. So I am wondering if something changed with the part over time.

Any suggestions??
Just an update. It is fixed after getting a part semi close to what was original. Made a tool to insert the seal almost all the way in (.070”) not inserted. This allows the seal to not run up to the internal shroud. 100% fixed. FYI to anyone else that is haven’t the same issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts