SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I just signed up and I need some advice. I have a 2004 SRT-10 with the T56 tranny and the rear seal is leaking and fluid is getting on the exhaust. I have replaced the real with a factory replacement and it did slow the leak down but it is still leaking. I have read the that rear bushing can go bad and cause the seal to still leak but it seemed ok when I replaced the seal the last time. Also I am curious about what rear seal I am suppose to use. I have found two different types of seals. One being just the flush seal and the other has a slight boot on the end. If any of you have ran into this issue, I would appreciate the info.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Look at the yoke on the drive shaft. See if the old seal cut a grove in it or if it has rust & pits. They will all cause leaks. Also some replacement seals are off set so they don't ride in the same grove the stock seal made.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If leak is around the shaft you may want to clean real well but the old ones do wear groves on them .and always use a sealer on the housing to seal surface, I just replaced mine with no leaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is leaking around the shaft. When I pulled the drive shaft off last time I looked at is and couldn't see or feel any grooves. I did take some 2000 grit paper and cleaned any corrosion off. You wouldn't happen to have the part number for the seal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cezofavela ... does your seal have the boot or is it a flush mount like the one that came off of it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts