SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving into work this morning, I pulled into a gas station to load up some new CD's into the changer for the week. As I pulled in, a Silver GenII lightning was pulling in to fuel up. At the time I was thinking...it was the first time I had pulled into a gas station with my SRT10 and not needed fuel :D Anyway, he finished fueling about the time I was leaving....So I pulled into the street with Lightning in tow....

So here we go.....I got on it pretty good and was planning on shifting to third when I enjoyed my first 2nd to 1st mis shift :eek: ...I had missed third before but never hit first....anyway, I recovered pretty quickly but not before it hit 6000 rpm, skipped the tires and heard my driveline cuss at me for a 1/2 sec...Luckily the Lightning wasnt right on my a$$..

We rolled down the road for a bit and waited out the traffic and had an opportunity to have some fun...It was a 25MPH rolling start, down shifted into 2nd...(yes, hit third this time ;)) about the time I was into 4th, he was starting to pull up beside me. We had to shutem down due to the road going from 4 lanes to 2 as well as some corners...I believe we were doing about 110 when slowed.

In general, I could tell he would have taken me pretty good either way.

So I pulled over at the light and he rolled up beside me....We both complimented each other on the rides, etc....We didnt have time to go into any mod details but he said he could pull a 11.6 quarter and from what I saw, would believe him. He was pretty cool and we were on our way. So no kill here but was the funnest ride into work I have had so far ;)

Guess I will be calling Boomer for that short throw shifter in the near future...

Good to see the friendly rivalry.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yup, I think Boomer is going to make a killing with these shifters! ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Great story, already ordered my new Boomer Shifter (hmm BS *scratches head* just noticed that). I hate that 2nd to 3rd hang it doesn’t happen to often anymore but when it does dam that pisses me off.. :cool:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
11.6 quarter, wow thats pretty fast!!!! Glad the guy was cool!!

patrick

·
Registered
335 Posts
lighting encounter

Good story for sure,and that power shift from 2nd to 3rd hitting 1st is a real pisser,I have never had any other car-truck do that ,but it sure gets the blood flowing-if you now what I mean,when it happens,only has happened to me once for me,one too many!!!!
gearheadbill

·
Registered
24 Posts
Holy old thread i found... That was me in the silver L... Man we need to get together again... We've both upped the anti quite a bit since this day...

LOL

·
Registered
278 Posts
SRT / Lightning

Seems like that's the thing...Everyone wants to run an SRT-10.

Please take it to the track. For safety.

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,633 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
35thPony said:
Holy old thread i found... That was me in the silver L... Man we need to get together again... We've both upped the anti quite a bit since this day...

LOL

Wow, that was an old thread ;)

Yea, heard about your turbo upgrade, sounds like a beast :D

I ran a best on motor this past weekend at Fayetteville - 12.5 @ 111. It was an ok run but I should be able to squeeze a 12.3 out of her. I was going to make a couple of runs on spray but my bottle heater was fubar.

Let me know when the next GTG is and or when you plan to hit the track and will have to meet up again, need to check out your setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts