SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just passed another red SRT-10 sitting in a park and ride lot. The counter guy at a tire store a mile from my house drives a YF RC. The owner of a Chevron 25 miles north of me has a Silver truck. My son met a guy who lives here in my town driving a black RC two nights ago at a gas station. I know of at least three QCs nearby and a YF QC in a local dealer's showroom. That's at least 9 SRT-10s in about a 30 mile radius. Utah is truck country but still, this seems like a lot of SRT-10s in such a small chunk of real estate.

·
Registered
53 Posts

seems that dodge was painting a different perception..... i was understanding that there were only so many of these things out there so ill probably not see too many.... well... i love this truck, but i hope the general public will always view it as a rare truck.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I was kind of hoping the same thing, that they would be a rare site. In Anchorage alone, there are 3 Black RC, 2 Silver RC, and now 2 Red RC already owned. One dealer has 1 RC and 1 QC YF, 1 Red, and 1 Silver. Not sure what the other dealer has (don't go by very often). And that's just Anchorage!

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Well, I drive about 2,000 miles per week, and I've only seen one on the road so far (Besides mine obviously). Seen a few at Dealerships though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
maybe the type of people that would buy an srt10 are also the type of people to live in alaska or s.l.c. ut.
a buddy just got back from s.l.c. and said "hey i saw a black qc in slc and he was actually driving his truck"
so s.l.c. must be popular with srt10 owners

i'm having this crazy weird urge to go to utah, i do not understand it, but i must go to utah

·
Registered
364 Posts
fijigabe0 said:
i've only seen one in miami... when i get mine, that'll be 2!

I'm just up the way in Boca, but that is still 40 miles away

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
edgebar said:
maybe the type of people that would buy an srt10 are also the type of people to live in alaska or s.l.c. ut.
Can't speak for Alaskans but Utah folks certainly do love their trucks! I was stopped at a red light yesterday and counted seven pick-ups and no cars. That's fairly typical around here.

I got to know Big Daddy Ed Roth before he passed away. He told me one of the reasons he moved to Utah was that he couldn't get any work done in LA. There were too many visitors at his shop. However, there were few, if any, hot rodders where he lived in Manti, Utah. No one bothered him there. He said most of the young people in town only wanted a 4X4 pick-up truck and a hunting rifle.

We've been lucky most of this winter. We've had a little bit of snow but mostly rain in our valley. That means no salt, no slush and no ice. I've been able to drive my Ram just about every day this month.

·
Registered
53 Posts
answer

okay... lets think about this.... the answer is easy.....
im sure you all have heard the term marketing (not being sarcastic, just being accurate), it details everything from researching what product to make to how and where you distribute the product to cutomer service.
to make a long story short... im sure dodge has a great marketing team that probably found that (like in most cases) demographics of your target market chang from one geographic area to the next. Im sure they distrubute differently depending on how the demographics change in areas.
so, im sure that every area of the US dosn't have the same pop. of these trucks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You would think in my area, you would see more of them. But all throughout the summer last year, I only caught sight of one and I have to only QC so far. I think everyone keeps them boxed up here and doesn't dare take them out unless it's one of those "perfect" days. To each his own I suppose...I got mine to be my daily driver.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
QckSlvr said:
I'm just up the way in Boca, but that is still 40 miles away
You'll see me occasionally. I have a condo on the corner of Palmetto Parkway and St. Andrews.

Craig

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
johnj said:
okay... lets think about this.... the answer is easy.....
im sure you all have heard the term marketing (not being sarcastic, just being accurate), it details everything from researching what product to make to how and where you distribute the product to cutomer service.
to make a long story short... im sure dodge has a great marketing team that probably found that (like in most cases) demographics of your target market chang from one geographic area to the next. Im sure they distrubute differently depending on how the demographics change in areas.
so, im sure that every area of the US dosn't have the same pop. of these trucks.
Johnj,
I don't think it was as complicated as you describe. Dealers who sold the most trucks got the most SRT-10's. Lots of them were initially delivered to Texas while the Northeast guys were dry. No fancy marketing, just math.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
You'll see me occasionally. I have a condo on the corner of Palmetto Parkway and St. Andrews.

Craig
Yeah, If your lucky. Craig will be the silver or Black blurr that rips past you!! :D :D

I quess the only way you,ll get a good look is now while he's laid up from surgery and the trucks are parked!!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I know there are around 8 driving around Jacksonvile but I never see them.
I did see a yellow one being test driven but it still remains on the lot??

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've only seen one around here, and it was a blue and white. Don't know who he is. I also know of another just down the road, but I have yet to see him out and about. Roketman and I met him at a car show one day. He said I stole his truck, and that he had to get his from Georgia. He posts on here every once and a while. I also see lots of posers EVERYWHERE!! I was behind this Ram the other day with a plate that read BADD RAM... it was an older truck with half of his dual exhaust hangin on by a thread. Unfortunatley I wasn't in my BADDER RAM or I probably would have gone past him so fast it would have taken the rest of that exhaust right off! :D Just tryin to help him out!

·
Registered
621 Posts
DrivingSchool said:
Have not spotted any SRT RAM's (except for my QC) in the Silicon Valley Bay Area. Lots of Viper's no SRT RAM's
Hey Drivingschool, where abouts in the area are you??? I have seen nothing but black ones around me, but I haven't seen one in probably 6 months.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts