SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got dynoed this morning, and Im really disappointed. The 1st run was 400hp-443tq, 2nd was 398hp-435tq, and 3rd was 399hp-438tq. The guy said my truck should lose about 15% through the t56. Well that would be 460hp-511 at the flywheel. The tq looks alright, so where is my 40hp?

Joey

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
When I dynoed mine the guy told me his dyno was new and there was a real possibility that my numbers would be low. I ended up with 412 at the rear wheels. Now, I don't know if this guy was bullshitting me or what. I was a little dissapointed, but not soo much so that I am willing to drive 100 miles to another dyno and pay more money to get different numbers. Every dyno is different, from what I understand. Correct me if I am wrong fellas. Don't worry too much bro, that's what mods are for!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
You guys dynoed higher than me. Keep in mind (ask any technical rear end guy), but I believe the Dana 60 has substantially more parisitic drag than most other rearends, especially the dana 44 in the viper. Plus taller/substantially heavier wheels ='s more loss due to extra rotational weight. But I'm no expert, just seems logical to me though.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Dont worry about it silverstreak.....I have read many times how dynos are different....think about how scales always weigh you differently....same thing.....you got a hotrod truck...now go burn some rubber and smile!! :D

patrick

·
Registered
356 Posts
Check if those #'s were corrected or uncorrected. What was the temp, humidity..ect. These parameters can easily sway 40-50Hp, one way or the other. On a cool day with low humidity an engine may make 30-40Hp more than a humid/hot day. MauiSRT/10 is correct, all dynos are a little diff. ### mean very little....its what it does at the track that counts. ( and of course, seat of the pants on the street)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The numbers are corrected. The temp was 34 and it was raining. Just expected a little more thats all. A modded lightning was on before me that made 720hp, so that didnt help any. The local track will be opening the end of this month, Ill have some times then. BTW all the ford guys were really cool and liked the truck alot.

·
Registered
650 Posts
SilverStreak said:
The numbers are corrected. The temp was 34 and it was raining. Just expected a little more thats all. A modded lightning was on before me that made 720hp, so that didnt help any. The local track will be opening the end of this month, Ill have some times then. BTW all the ford guys were really cool and liked the truck alot.
QUESTIONS:

1. WHAT KIND OF DYNO? DYNOJET, MUSTANG?

2. WHAT GEAR DID YOU DYNO IN?

3. I ASSUME YOU HAVE A 6SPEED? MAYBE YOU ALREADY SAID THIS.

4. WAS THE TRUCK DRIVEN TO THE DYNO SHOP AND THEN RUN?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey John, It was a dynojet and the runs were all in 4th gear. Yep its a 6spd. I did drive there, but it sat for about 45mins before the 1st pull. I put in a radio and had the neg off the battery before the dyno. Maybe my computer was reset and still learning.

·
Registered
650 Posts
SilverStreak said:
Hey John, It was a dynojet and the runs were all in 4th gear. Yep its a 6spd. I did drive there, but it sat for about 45mins before the 1st pull. I put in a radio and had the neg off the battery before the dyno. Maybe my computer was reset and still learning.
Did you pull the driver side floor mat out? I have seen floor mats get tangled in between the gas pedal and floorboard. So much so that one customer saw a 30 rw hp drop in power since the floor mat was not letting the throttle open 100%. Check it out.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Did you pull the driver side floor mat out? .

:eek: :eek: :eek: wow never thought of that :confused:

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Did you pull the driver side floor mat out? I have seen floor mats get tangled in between the gas pedal and floorboard. So much so that one customer saw a 30 rw hp drop in power since the floor mat was not letting the throttle open 100%. Check it out.

Thanks John! Now thats a Mod I can afford... :D :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just had someone push the pedal all the way down and I checked the throttle body to be sure it was all the way open. It was,... no problem. Sometimes the throttle body itself may not open all the way, I don't know if this one has a screw for adjusment or you may have to grind some of the stop away. On mine when I polished the TB It was perfect,no adjustment required

1 - 12 of 12 Posts