SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang:

Installed the Magnaflow CatBack last night and the sound is saweet. :D
Also seems like there's a lot more "jump" in the lower RPM ranges - anyone else experience that or is it my imagination?

Questions: Does the computer need any "relearn" procedure with the new system? The tailpipe extension is only about 1/4" from the spare tire - will this be a problem with the heat generated from the pipes?

Henessey CAI should be here tomorrow - yippee skippee! :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Good work, Scott ;) Yeah, my SOTP tells me there is more pull too. As long as we feel it thats all that really matters. :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Cant remember if mine was stronger or not cause I put it on when the truck was a month old last summer.....but man do I love that sound.......its a must mod for all truck owners in my book!!!!!

patrick

·
Registered
152 Posts
Scott,cool i had the magnaflow on my 04,going with B&B this time.Both are excellent systems..Just wait until the Hennssey CAI is installed,you can hear the monster V10 breathing..

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
You have to look up STINKER, I know that he has ;)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Nice! Congrats.

I'm not sure on the computer relearning. I disconnected the negative terminal just in case...

It seems the SRT computer is far less complicated than the Hemi...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I did the disconnect thing also. One thing I did notice is the decelaration rate is slower now. It seems to hold at 1000 rpm for a second or two B4 it drops. :confused:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I took the resonator off my QC and got a little relief with the sound,I should get the Magnaflow installed this Saturday.Can't waite to hear the difference!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Relearning

womsterr said:
Nice! Congrats.

I'm not sure on the computer relearning. I disconnected the negative terminal just in case...

It seems the SRT computer is far less complicated than the Hemi...

I believe the relearning that was asked about has to do with the tables adjusting for the change in engine response (a/f & timing). True, or am I smoking crack here?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Milo55 said:
I did the disconnect thing also. One thing I did notice is the decelaration rate is slower now. It seems to hold at 1000 rpm for a second or two B4 it drops. :confused:
Milo Ive noticed the same with mine!!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Same here.....

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Marc T said:
Milo Ive noticed the same with mine!!
I wonder why that is? :confused: it doesn't bother me it just prolongs that mean exhaust backfire burble. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts