SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
BOOMER said:
cant see it, all i get is a "fire wall alert">?
same here?
Anyway, we all know diesels are torque monsters, and thats what you need to get wieght movin.. So Quaddak, we're still waiting on a Gas V-8 :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
FastSpecV said:
Your an idiot. ohhhhh....a turbo diesel putting out like 800 lb tq is beating a pump gas truck!
nope not for very long, heres an a-hole for you that dosent own A FORD OR A DODGE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
BOOMER said:
nope not for very long, heres an a-hole for you that dosent own A FORD OR A DODGE!
So because I don't own either means I know nothing about them.....oh ok :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Hemi57 said:
somethings wierd about that video.

[email protected] mph

its the mph. Everyone saw the F350 with a cummins run [email protected]

the SRT runs [email protected]

nasty wendy got a [email protected]

something wrong with this picture?
Deffinitly something wrong with those boards, even the other guy ran 16.9 @ 90mph? thats the same speed Quaddak claims for his 14.9 run, Hmmmm same speed but 2 full sec. slower.. The guy in the diesel runs 6.5 sec. faster but only 21mph more, I run 12.6 @ 108 & the all the 10 sec Ls are mid to high 120s- low 130s, so thats around 20 mph for 2 sec. but that video shows 21mph is good for 6.5 sec.that is not adding up any way, shape, or form. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
in other words somebody did a ****ty photoshop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Quaddak said:
If the 10.38 is the worlds fastest lightning, then this should keep the ford quys quiet for a while.... anyway.

http://www.dieseldynamics.com/videos.htm/1020-keith.mpg
That 10.2s time is NOT accurate if you time it yourself with a stopwatch. Nice try though. That truck runs high 11s.


With all the thick diesel smoke the infrared beams on the track didn’t have a clear line of sight to pick up the truck, until the truck left the line a second and half later and it started counting late.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Quaddak said:
Here's another one for the non believers. I guess timing a movie file is more acurate than a timer system at a drag strip.
Quaddak said:

*sigh* For the last time that truck does not run 10s.

http://www.dieseldynamics.com/videos/mm02/keith-jim.mpghttp://www.dieseldynamics.com/videos/mm02/keith-jim.mpghttp://www.dieseldynamics.com/videos/mm02/keith-jim.mpg
Dude, look at this video where the same white Ram (the truck that runs 10.2s :rolleyes: ) runs a [email protected], but wait a minute the red Ram beats him by a car length or two and gets [email protected]!!! Hmmm…

The diesel smoke is what’s messing up the track sensors and gets inaccurate times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
DownUnder said:
*sigh* For the last time that truck does not run 10s.

http://www.dieseldynamics.com/videos/mm02/keith-jim.mpghttp://www.dieseldynamics.com/videos/mm02/keith-jim.mpghttp://www.dieseldynamics.com/videos/mm02/keith-jim.mpg
Dude, look at this video where the same white Ram (the truck that runs 10.2s :rolleyes: ) runs a [email protected], but wait a minute the red Ram beats him by a car length or two and gets [email protected]!!! Hmmm…

The diesel smoke is what’s messing up the track sensors and gets inaccurate times.
dude there is NO WAY that those trucks ran those times unless that was filmed on another planet with different laws of physics. the smoke is fooling the infrared pickups, it starting to become really gay to keep arguing this. IT AINT HAPPENIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess you guys are right, I didn't think about the smoke causing problems with the lights. I guess the fastest dodge I know of is a dakota that is running mid 10's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Quaddak said:
I guess you guys are right, I didn't think about the smoke causing problems with the lights. I guess the fastest dodge I know of is a dakota that is running mid 10's.
And I guess thats a dragster?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
BOOMER said:
dude there is NO WAY that those trucks ran those times unless that was filmed on another planet with different laws of physics. the smoke is fooling the infrared pickups, it starting to become really gay to keep arguing this. IT AINT HAPPENIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Umm you're repeating what I said two times before:confused: I think you quoted the wrong person, foo:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
OK, group hug

Keith is driving the truck from DD, the smoke was upsetting the lights, on another day with the wind blowing the right way they did to 11.8 something, the truck makes 740hp with about 1500tq at the rears,,,DD boys are good friends of my and have worked on both of my diesels trucks... they are one of the few straight shooters in the Diesel World.

Hope this clears everything up

BTW, I dynoed my 04 Cummins today and with a 3 minute install of their box I picked up 75hp/200tq...326/660

Again DD has the correct products if you or a friend needs to mod chevy/ford or Dodge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Gary C said:
Keith is driving the truck from DD, the smoke was upsetting the lights, on another day with the wind blowing the right way they did to 11.8 something, the truck makes 740hp with about 1500tq at the rears,,,DD boys are good friends of my and have worked on both of my diesels trucks... they are one of the few straight shooters in the Diesel World.

Hope this clears everything up
now that sounds more like it. Time/MPH etc. Thanks for speaking up. Reminds me of the old saying "don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you see" :D
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top