SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock set-up is 63+ pounds. This one is 42.3. Just got it today. Oddly, I don't know what the fiinal price was yet. I think $1800. My guess is it will be worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
9 seconds said:
Stock set-up is 63+ pounds. This one is 42.3. Just got it today. Oddly, I don't know what the fiinal price was yet. I think $1800. My guess is it will be worth it.
What is the clutch material? Can you messure how much force you have to use to depress it all the way? What is the HP rating?

Thanks.
Craig

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Craig,
I'll confirm with McLeod but I was told the pedal effort would be very near stock and this set-up is good to 1200# torque. I'll ask about the material.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Shoot I may have to cancel my RPS order. It's been on backorder for a couple weeks now - each day they telling me "its shipping tomorrow...its shipping tomorrow...."

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
womsterr said:
Shoot I may have to cancel my RPS order. It's been on backorder for a couple weeks now - each day they telling me "its shipping tomorrow...its shipping tomorrow...."
Don't cancel yet, until you get some feedback. So far my RPS clutch is the best clutch I've had in my trucks. I've gone through Centerforce, Stock, and a modified clutch. They all suck and all burn up under my driving style. So far the RPS clutch is holding strong at 1100 miles.

I make have john put a Mcleod into my Red truck based on 9 Seconds feedback.

Craig

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Thanks Craig. Ends up being a moot point as I just got off the phone with RPS and my clutch is finally shipping today. It had been back ordered for a long time. Now...only waiting on the wheels to be finished and I'll be back on the road....

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Price was $1700. Part number 63438B-00-07. I'll pick up new flywheel bolts today. Should be on soon.

Steve

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
womsterr said:
Hey Craig. Did your RPS clutch chatter a bit while it was seating in?
It chattered very minor in forward gears (gone after 500 miles), it still chatters in reverse quite a bit, enough to shake the truck. So I just slip it a little more in reverse, it's getting better.

Craig

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Thanks for the info. Seems like mine is chattering a little bit but i expect it to resolve itself. The tech says he drove my truck home with 17s from some other truck yesterday. I thought 17s didn't fit?

Anyway he said he could barely keep em from spinnin!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Womsterr, You up and running now? ;) He said that 17's fit? wow that must be tight around those brakes. I have a set of 18's off my Hemi that I was thinking of trying. ;)

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I'm up and running and bringing her home Monday. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

I was a little surprised to hear the 17s went around it. I'll post pics when i have it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
You must be chomping at the bit, Congrats! :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
9 seconds said:
Sintered iron. Just like in top fuel dragsters.:eek:
Damn, gotta get out the dictionary again. That makes twice today. ;)

Thanks 9..

Craig

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: I waited until my headers were on before putting in the transmission. While manually rotating the a engine, I found out the crank trigger hit the flywheel. Not uncommon per Dan Cragin ( http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB24&Number=492022&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post509895 ). There is already a shim in there from the factory.

I'll call McLeod Monday to see what they want to do about it. They've been calling me to follow up but this is the first day I've done anything with it

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey 9, any update on the Mcleod yet?

It seems the Mcleod may be the way to go for a true performance clutch. Do you have any updates on your McLeod experience?

Thanks for sharing your R & D efforts.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I replaced the bolts that were a problem with some countersunk ones. No more problems and all future kits will come like mine. Another one of these set-ups was built along with mine and is up and running on a Viper. The same installer ordered 2 more shortly afterwards. This week he ordered 5 more. I'm not sure who he is. If there is enough interest, I can check. I'll update again when mine is on the road.

Steve

1 - 20 of 33 Posts