SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tuesday I ordered the billit radio knob and srt10 truck license plate frame black with a red viper deal.

It all showed up today Thursday from Georgia to Maui!!!! I love that kind of service!!! The knob installs in like 90 seconds very simple and a nice little touch. WOW is all I can say about the plate holder. It is so worth the $70. The truck one comes without the words "viper" on the bottom (its not shown on the website). That space is left out so it looks good, not like it missing something. The red viper deal is really cool and has some sort of clear plastic cover so it seems like it will last and look great for years. I didnt order one for the front plate. I am gonna not put it on as long as I can. It seems that its loosly enforced. We shall see. Anyway just thought I would share. I will post some pics this weekend.

There website is: mgwltd.com

patrick

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hamrhead said:
Patrick -

Me wants to see pics, puh-leeeeze! :D

TIA
I will shoot some on Sat. Its dark already here on Maui.....great sunset by the way!!!

Took the hotrod to the gas station to get the inspection sticker and as soon as I was home, got out the wire cutters and clipped off the zip ties holding the front plate on....didnt want to drill into the front fasia if I didnt have to. It looks way better without the plate up there. I would say 20% of the vehicles on the road here dont have front plates... lawbreaker???I will find out soon enough ticket wise that is. ;)

patrick

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hawaii front licence plate law

Some advise from Oahu. The only ones to really watch out for are the HPD solobike riders. Their entire mission in life is to write tickets for moving or equipment violations. Dont care much about break-ins, shooting, robbery, etc. but watch for them, and try to snug up on vehicles in front of you, if you see them. The rest of HPD considers no front licence plate to be a "manini" offence, and unless they pull you over for something else, cant be bothered. Have run a 87 vette since 89 here sans front plate. Got stopped once (by solobiker of course) sent in ticket and fine with bogus receipt for installation of front licence plate circa 1990, and have never been bothered again. So no worries Bra, just watch for the two wheelers.

·
Banned
901 Posts
MGW rocks..just got the rear license plate holder, and dipstick. Oil cap has been on. All of their products and customer service is top notch. I have been very happy with their products.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is a pic if my plate holder and a pic of the cool radio knob!!! Digi camera isnt the greatest so the red viper is a little fuzzy, kinda like how I was at the bar Friday night!!!! :eek:

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Looks Good - Thanks Dooode!!

I was thinking about getting the chrome frame for mine.

Dayum! You weren't chittin' about the red dust!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Here is a pic if my plate holder and a pic of the cool radio knob!!! Digi camera isnt the greatest so the red viper is a little fuzzy, kinda like how I was at the bar Friday night!!!! :eek:

patrick
Patrick,

Gotta watch where the date sticker is in the upper write corner. They can write you up for it being hidden.

Also gives em a reason to pull you over!!!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:

patrick
Whats the sticker to the right of your plate for??

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marc T said:
Whats the sticker to the right of your plate for??
That sticker is the state inspection sticker. You HAVE to have one and they usually stick that ugly thing right on the right side of the back bumper. No way I was gonna let them do that. It would look like sh#t. So I fabricated a little aluminum one and attached it to the mgw plate with the security screws. Kids love to steal inspection stickers for their ricers. Most of which are illegal here and wouldnt pass inspection. I thought about attaching it to the underside of the bumper but felt like some kid might just rip it off and possibly damage my bumper. Kids will even try to steal your license plate sticker cause they dont or cant register theirs. The mgw plate covers the sticker but not that much. If my camera was more pixels you could see that you can still see the date and numbers.

patrick

·
Registered
974 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
On Tuesday I ordered the billit radio knob and srt10 truck license plate frame black with a red viper deal.

It all showed up today Thursday from Georgia to Maui!!!! I love that kind of service!!! The knob installs in like 90 seconds very simple and a nice little touch. WOW is all I can say about the plate holder. It is so worth the $70. The truck one comes without the words "viper" on the bottom (its not shown on the website). That space is left out so it looks good, not like it missing something. The red viper deal is really cool and has some sort of clear plastic cover so it seems like it will last and look great for years. I didnt order one for the front plate. I am gonna not put it on as long as I can. It seems that its loosly enforced. We shall see. Anyway just thought I would share. I will post some pics this weekend.

There website is: mgwltd.com

patrick

The knob on the radio looks great. Goes well with the interior trim.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Titan said:
The knob on the radio looks great. Goes well with the interior trim.
Yeah the knob looks totally oem. The actual oem black one seems so plain now. Its a perfect upgrade albeit a small one. I mention that it was a upgrade to all the people whom have riden in my truck and they are usually surprised. Of course they also laugh and say what else could you upgrade!!

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Just got my License plate frame from MGW and put it on. I chose the triple chrome plated version with the RED Viper insert thingy. Looks Schweeet! :cool: With the security screws, of course. ;)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I have yet to do so, but I can take a pic and send it to someone if they want to see it, or put it up here.

I think it looks great with the 'SRT-10' on the tailgate and the Magnaflow tips! :) :cool:

·
Banned
901 Posts
Have the same plate chrome/ red viper.....Oil cap and dipstick. All of it has been great. I am patiently waiting fo someone to make billet A/C knobs with a viper head on them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does the chrome or satin finish match better inside?
Has anyone bought the cig lighter, power outlet, etc.
from MGW?
I'm assuming the oil cap and dip stick are OK.
Looking for folks who have bought MGW and have
comments on the look....thanks...

·
Banned
582 Posts
How About The Shifter Knobs? Will They Fit ? I E-mailed Them Twice With No Response! I Really Like The Red Viper Shifter Knob!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts