SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How 'bout the midwest SRT owners meet in summer 2005. I was a member of the Windy City Corvette club a few years back and we coordinated a car meet with the C5forum.com Vette group from Florida. We rented out some of the Joliet, Illinois Race track complex (NASCAR's Chicago Race). We ran the drag strip and road course and then did 4 laps on the new NASCAR track which had just been completed. I don't know if this track complex is available for those kinds of activities anymore. In addition, we did a few caravans to some TGIFridays etc...spent about 3 days & 2 nights.

A beginning point would be to poll what activities our group would want to do and where the SRT owners are located. I'm located in the Northwoods of Wisconsin (northern, WI)...2,000 lakes, forests and great country roads... it's 320 miles north of the Illinois/Wisconsin border. Great for cruisin' with no problems of our trucks getting ripped off in the city enviroment...no potholes here.

Any ideas or suggestions??

Nick

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am up for a summer 05 meeting. I live in Waterloo, Ia right now: so I am kind of in the middle of everything...5 hrs to Chi-town, 3 hrs to Minneapolis, 4.5 hrs to KC...

Cris

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Iam in the Detroit area, I would be up for that also, but I would have to do it on the weekend (don't get much time off).

·
Registered
732 Posts
Im in guys

wow what a great run on this opost as well as on my post earlier in the week

(sorry been so busy not a chance to respone to that one yet)

I like a regionall meet idea a complete national meet is a ton ton of work

i was part of the 1st annual DAK R/T meet and it was a blast (it was local in MI )

After the holidays i will help all i can but right now the x mas season has me working toooooo many hours at the store

JAmie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Another Iowan interested

Sounds like a great idea.. Count me in!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts