SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..... ever have a really bad day? I just bought a 2004 SRT-10. I checked everything out and its perfect. Had to travel to houston to get it (best price). now the bad part. the books are missing and so is my nav CD (RB4). The dealer says they were in the truck and will not budge. I thought OK im screwed ill just get replacements. Then I got the 200$ price. This is BS. Can anybody tell me where I can get a copy. I dont feel I should have to pay for this especially considering the price of the truck and its already supposed to be there. they tell me the warranty wont help me either...... I really dont like them.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is not a case of poor performance from the manufacture.

It is another case of an employee doing a lousy prep job on the Vehicle and the salesmen following through with like service. This is why you buy from Woodhouse!

In case you do not understand the manufacturer dealership relationship. The dealers are independent contractors and DC has little control of their customer service.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In the Nav manual, there is a website you can order updated CD's & possibly the manual. Maybe another forum member can look at their manual for the info and post it...if not, I'll look at my manual and post it in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
DrivingSchool said:
In case you do not understand the manufacturer dealership relationship. The
dealers are independent contractors and DC has little control of their customer service.
Actually Daimler has alot of control over these dealers. In fact, so much so they can suspend or terminate their franchise. Problem is , Daimler does not enforce rules and regulations on dealers like they should so the dealers (some) just do what they want and give bad customer service. Why is it so hard for the customer to be important? Daimler says we are, but proof is in the pudding

Mark

·
Registered
82 Posts
can they be copied

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
DrivingSchool said:
In case you do not understand the manufacturer dealership relationship. The dealers are independent contractors and DC has little control of their customer service.
I do understand the relationship and the dealer is acting as a franchisee of the manufacturer thusly representing the manufacturer.By giving poor customer service in this case of the missing manual ,it is a direct reflection on DC.This is the same poor service that I experienced with my clearcoat issue on my wheels.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
264 Posts
A new vehicle should have had everything there, I would call customer service and make a formal complaint. It will probably do no good but at least you let them know you were unhappy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No question the dealership for providing Vehicle operating, service and warranty manual. In this case someone must have lost or misplaced the manual and CD. At the time of delivery the buyer should have requested and documented said missing info.

You know the good dealerships, they have earned their GOOD reputation buy taking great care of their customers. To many dealerships/Salesmen look at a one shot sale and could care less about the customer.

But DC is not responsible for a salesmen's failure to provide good service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
copy

:mad: Update... the rb4 is not 200$ as they said it is actually 384$. The dealer will not budge. I am also missing ALL my manuals for the truck. I am going to try to get a copy or something. I shouldnt have to pay for this. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
You need to lodge a complaint with DCX and with the local BBB. Then send a certified letter to the owner of the dealership.

Good luck dude.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Advise the dealer you want to file a complaint with the Daimler area rep. If they give **** like,, We are the Rep or ... The Rep does not hear complaints, tell them they are full of **** and the BBB will hear complaints. Then file a complaint with the BBB and contact the Daimler headquarters in your area. Satrt with the receptionist and work your way up. I have done that in the past and finally got satisfaction.

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I picked up my brand new QC w/ NAV -- they found out they had no NAV cd's in any of the trucks! Someone stole em all to put on eBay! :rolleyes:

They did however end up getting me the last RB4 set from parts but I have a feeling someone did the samething on yours -- Fight those morons!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Fight, Fight, Fight, Persistence pays off!!! :mad:

·
Registered
732 Posts
bullethead please check your PM

i got a gift for you

jamie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
to any monitors

I really hope someone at DC comes across this thread. If you are from DC and are reading this I hope you realize that the people here are driving your flagship truck. A rolling billboard advertizement for DC. I dont expect any extra treatment but when you make a mistake why is it that I have to fix it. Do you really want a bad evaluation coming from a owner of one of your top of the line vehicles? Everywhere I go as well as the others here I get questioned on not just the truck but the entire purchase. Was it worth it, am I happy, do I think I made a mistake, can i look at it. These are EVERY DAY questions. What the hell am I supposed to say? How about a story of how I got screwed and was given what appears to be the runaround in hopes I would give up. How about "No they dont stand behind their products or customers once you buy it they couldnt care less about you and you are less than just a number. On one hand DC is trying hard to change its image and is succeeding. On the other you are shooting yourself in the foot. When I was buying my truck I was treated like gold. After the sale i was considered a nuisance. I have read that DC is not to blame blame the dealer. I dont think so, DC makes the rules. DC screwed up. DC made me unhappy and refused to fix it because of the rules they put in place. This is all DCs fault. DC has FAILED me. Thank goodnes there is a small close knit family here to help take up DCs slack.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen. I picked my truck up on a Saturday at closing, got it home and wanted to check out the Nav system. Opened the glove box and found someone had clipped the East coast CD. I went back to my dealer when they opened Monday morning expecting to get the run around. They said no problem and had a complete new set in two days. The parts guy told me they had this happen before. The one thing I found really strange was they had to have my Vin to get the CD. They told me the CD’s were burned for each vehicle. That sounded like total BS to me, but they got it. Definitely ***** to your regional Chrysler Rep.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Print a copy of this thread with all of the replies, include your dealer name and personal contacts you have dealt with at the dealership and fax to the regional manager. Then follow up with a phone call. Customer service takes place after the sale---not before!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts