SRT10 Forum banner

Mopar Fast Forward - The 2004 Ram SRT-10

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  blownhemi 
OK, guys I'm new here and I'm a huge Mopar fan but I'm gonna throw a curve ball your way.

What if Ford decides to think outside the square like they did in Australia? Currently you're up against a 2 valve per cylinder, SOHC V8, supercharged in the case of the SVT lightning.

OK so I'm not telling you anything new there, but what if I was to tell you that here in Australia we have pick-ups (we call them Utes here) made by Ford that have 5.4 V8's with 4-valve per cylinder and DOHC that already make 388hp,.... without a supercharger! :eek:

So now is Ford US was to take this engine and shove the blower on that, where will the new SVT Lightning end up?

So enjoy the SRT-10 superiority while you have it but don't imagine that it's gonna last forever. There gonna be a war between Ford and Dodge and it's us guys (pick-up owners) that are going to reap the benefits.

Me, I just wish either company would sell their pick-ups here in Australia.

Sure the Ford XR8 and FPV Pursuit (do a web search if you haven't heard of them) are nice vehicles, and so are Holden's (That's a GM derivative) SS and HSV's Maloo Utes but sometimes you get a hankering (to borrow an American expression) for a real pick-up truck.

As for Dodge in Australia, well they are about to bring some vehicles over to sell but not one of the pick-ups is coming to Australia to sell through Chrysler-Jeep dealers. Nope they are going to ignore the pick-up/ute market and concentrate on SUV's and sedans. Boring huh?

Anyway, you'll be pleased that someone at least will be privately importing a Ram SRT-10 into Australia. Unfortunately it's not me! :(

Keep in mind what I said about the Ford Engine's, they aren't going to sit on their butts and let Dodge take all the glory.

Here's the FPV Pursuit I mentioned above, it powered by a 388hp 5.4-litre DOHC 4-valve per cylinder V8 that doesn't need a blower. SVT has already proven that they are willing to go for the power adder, it's very possible they also might be willing to go for the top shelf engine.

Here's the slightly lesser powered version, the XR8, it only makes 348hp but with the same engine.

and this is what the engine looks like, the 260 means 260kW which equals 348hp.

This is all speculation but it could happen and the engine is there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.