SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my SRT for three weeks now and already have almost 1000 miles on it. I drive from Orange County to San Diego once a week and have been averaging 10.9 mpg. Is anyone getting better mpg then that and does a bed cover help? how much?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Probably a bit more information would be helpful, as we have quite a few folks getting better mileage, but explain your driving style, speed, etc., please.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is going by the on-board trip-computer.

Around-town, horsing around, I get about 9-10MPG

If I get on the bypass/freeway/interstate, reset the trip-computer, and run in 6th gear at 65-70MPH, I get 17-19MPG.

Over-all, it hangs around 11-12MPG as an average - I do most of my driving close to town.

I didn't buy it for the gas mileage. ;)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I got 17 mpg going from Utah to California. Got 15 mpg on the way home. Get around 8 - 9 mpg around town. I like cruisin' at about 3,000 to 3,500 rpms on the surface streets. Also have my foot in it quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
If I drive it like it should be driven, I get around 9-9.5MPG around town. It will creep up to 11MPG if I hit the highway and use 6th around 75MPH. If I reset the on board MPG computer when on the highway it will show as high as 16MPG at 75 in 6th. So my mileage spec is exactly what Daimler says 9 City and 15 higway.

Most of my driving is local which means I am in the 9MPG range and I have no issue with those numbers since I really did not buy the hotrod for anything but performance and with that comes not so good mileage.

Mark

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
drf said:
This is going by the on-board trip-computer.

Around-town, horsing around, I get about 9-10MPG

If I get on the bypass/freeway/interstate, reset the trip-computer, and run in 6th gear at 65-70MPH, I get 17-19MPG.

Over-all, it hangs around 11-12MPG as an average - I do most of my driving close to town.

I didn't buy it for the gas mileage. ;)
Thats about what I am getting as well. I have only gotten 8 when it was new and not broken in. Overall average is 10 to 12, which was the same for my hemi!

patrick

·
Registered
128 Posts
10 is about what I am getting. mostly around town driving, stay on the throttle quite a bit. No fun trying to be economical in it.
I don't fiqure it, use the on-board thing. Does anyone know what that calculate from? Do you need to reset when you fill up? Never seems to change much though.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I reset mine for each fill up.

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Thats about what I am getting as well. I have only gotten 8 when it was new and not broken in. Overall average is 10 to 12, which was the same for my hemi!

patrick

Same here, :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
11.7 mpg around town so far, on the overhead computer,truck has 700 miles..no long distance trips yet..

·
Registered
117 Posts
12.2mpg with 965 miles on the truck- I have to keep dancing between the snow flakes shoulda bought it in the fall

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
rtr0id said:
How many miles to a set of tires? :eek:

Depends on your burnout ratio!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tirerack.com will be your new friend!!

patrick

·
Registered
105 Posts
Stock Quad Cab, First tank 7.5 mpg then it rained the mileage went up to 8.5mpg. After a couple months 8-9 is typical. RAM is presently under the wrench getting headers, high flow cats and Borla Cat Back. March 11, at ThunderHill will be a drag race between a new Vette will be raced against the GEN II and Gen III Viper and my truck. Hoping the headers and exhaust give me enough hp to make the a little Vette nervous. Moving the SRT's 5k+ pounds faster than a vette is not likely but I have more to gain than lose.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Jay5150 said:
I have only had my SRT for three weeks now and already have almost 1000 miles on it. I drive from Orange County to San Diego once a week and have been averaging 10.9 mpg. Is anyone getting better mpg then that and does a bed cover help? how much?
I get 9.5 city and on HWY in 6th gear I get 15 to 16 MPG.

Cruising in 6th gear makes a big difference, but never use 6th in city.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for posting more info, as we have quite a few owners getting 16-19 on the highway, and the low figure is more in tune to what drivers are getting in town. Good to know that on the Road it is essentially equal to what Hemi owners are getting, and we duz gotzz a bit Mo-Powr!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I also get 10 to 12 mpg around town, I'm amazed it gets 16mpg on the highway, but it does, if you set the cruise & stay out of the throttle. I averaged 15mpg on a trip to Las Vegas last fall with a 500# motorcycle in the back. I live at a mile high so that has to affect it some. ML

1 - 20 of 20 Posts