SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're probably wondering why this isn't in the racing section. Well, let me explain... So I'm heading down I-74 on my way to the Shelbyville Car Show. Doing about 110. When a flock of what I belive to be doves come flying up out of the grass median. Well needless to say one didn't quite get enough lift on takeoff and I smoked his ass. All I heard was a thud and saw some feather sticking up over my hood. I kind of laughed at first picturing this bird sticking out of my grill with feathers all over the place. Then I realized that was like someone just threw a 110 mph fastball at the front of my truck. :(

Well I get to my destination (meet up with Rocketman) when I finally get to assess the damage. Are you sitting down? Of coarse you are. You're at your computer. The little bastard ripped right through my hood scoop. Pushed the bottom out and cracked it right down the middle. Here's the kicker. I opened the hood and the f'n thing is laying right next to the throttle body on my motor... STILL IN ONE PIECE!! Dead of coarse, but not liquified.

That was the start of my wonderful day. Just thought I would share. Keep your eyes open out there.

When I say KILL, I mean KILL! :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
You said flock. Was it a homing pigeon or a dove. Did it have any bands on it? Just wondering, I race homing pigeons. I have heard of pigeons running into trucks and cars. Hope the damage isn't to bad.
Eric

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Congrats - You earned your wings. Ummm, bad joke - sorry. Hope it didn't mess your truck up too bad.

On the bright side, at least you had a better day than that Dove! :eek:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sleeper said:
You said flock. Was it a homing pigeon or a dove. Did it have any bands on it? Just wondering, I race homing pigeons. I have heard of pigeons running into trucks and cars. Hope the damage isn't to bad.
Eric
If this thing was a homing pigeon, then that person isn't gettin there message. I hope he wasn't a racer. Cause he sure didn't move to fast to get the hell out of my way. Maybe he was just stupid. Yeah lets just leave it at that.

No bands on his feet either. He did have his head "rammed" up his ass though. :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts