SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I do have a couple of mods on mine but the best is yet to come. And yes I know mine will out run a 2000 corvette with a automatic because I had a friend drive my vette and I took it bottom top end and everywhere in the middle. Now I was going north Sunday night on a fairly rural stretch of road and I was on the 4 lane being passed by a suv( I was in no hurry) when a car pulled out ahead of us (to close to be pulling out) and toooook off, it was just after dark and at first glance I took the tail lights for a late 60"S camaro. I sped up and mached my toe/haul button(don't know why just feel's like more rpm before changing out) . It was a late 60's early 70's corvette, 2 male's about 30, They did not take kindly to me pulling up like that and here we go. I pulled away strong and was 1 and 1/2 lengths ahead when I forgot to push the toe haul button back in and it starts hitting the riv limit. (it looked and sounded just like I was patten the gas on him.) so I hit the button and by 130 mph he is so beat I slow up and he will not pull back up next to me. We go about a mile at the speed limit and we are comming up to a rural traffic light at a cross road. I am thinking PLEASE turn red. Then it does. He pulles up and I can see his friend in the passenger seat giving him He!! , and he is fuming, The light turns green and we are off, he stays close but only because I am carred away and give to much throttle and I am spinning, It hits the rev limit and catches for a sec. then changes to 2ed and he was history. By now of course I have been passed where I was going to turn (but who cares) so after running up to about 130 mph again and he is so dust I slow down and turn on by blinker( hopeing he will stop) but he keeps on , as my lights are shinning on him as he goes by I see his friend rocking in the seat and giving him He!!, Then his friend stickes his hand out the window and gives me a thumbs up( must have been a Dodge fan). I drive a Cadillac Escalade EXT every day but as I was leaving tonight to run an errand I walked by the Beast in the garage and something told me to drive it. Had not in a while so I did and think I will be smiling for 2 to 3 days before stopping. :)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Smoke em if you got em!!! Good one Rokt.

That is a great story......love the friend giving him hell. :p

patrick

·
Registered
196 Posts
Awesome man! i love the quad cab stories :) . I actually had a nice time today with a 911 Turbo. There was some traffic so we really couldnt race straight out, but it was fun chasing him at 120 mph ;). if only i could weave in and out of traffic with the ease of his car :rolleyes: ...but i'm deffinitly not complaining, i love this truck :)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Just be careful you don't want to end up like this! :(

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
budgetco said:
First I do have a couple of mods on mine but the best is yet to come. And yes I know mine will out run a 2000 corvette with a automatic because I had a friend drive my vette and I took it bottom top end and everywhere in the middle. Now I was going north Sunday night on a fairly rural stretch of road and I was on the 4 lane being passed by a suv( I was in no hurry) when a car pulled out ahead of us (to close to be pulling out) and toooook off, it was just after dark and at first glance I took the tail lights for a late 60"S camaro. I sped up and mached my toe/haul button(don't know why just feel's like more rpm before changing out) . It was a late 60's early 70's corvette, 2 male's about 30, They did not take kindly to me pulling up like that and here we go. I pulled away strong and was 1 and 1/2 lengths ahead when I forgot to push the toe haul button back in and it starts hitting the riv limit. (it looked and sounded just like I was patten the gas on him.) so I hit the button and by 130 mph he is so beat I slow up and he will not pull back up next to me. We go about a mile at the speed limit and we are comming up to a rural traffic light at a cross road. I am thinking PLEASE turn red. Then it does. He pulles up and I can see his friend in the passenger seat giving him He!! , and he is fuming, The light turns green and we are off, he stays close but only because I am carred away and give to much throttle and I am spinning, It hits the rev limit and catches for a sec. then changes to 2ed and he was history. By now of course I have been passed where I was going to turn (but who cares) so after running up to about 130 mph again and he is so dust I slow down and turn on by blinker( hopeing he will stop) but he keeps on , as my lights are shinning on him as he goes by I see his friend rocking in the seat and giving him He!!, Then his friend stickes his hand out the window and gives me a thumbs up( must have been a Dodge fan). I drive a Cadillac Escalade EXT every day but as I was leaving tonight to run an errand I walked by the Beast in the garage and something told me to drive it. Had not in a while so I did and think I will be smiling for 2 to 3 days before stopping. :)

LOL! Great story, nice kill as well :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats ok milo55

I know where thy sell more at, And if you bought yours and don't plan on steppin on it maybe a kia would work better for you. By the way I love my cell phone!!!!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Milo55 said:
Just be careful you don't want to end up like this! :(
Dont worry Milo, i got ya. The high speeds only came during the breaks in traffic..for me at least lol. I remember that post from a while ago...scary stuff man.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Budgetco.....

Exciting story...I hate it when someone pulls out in front of you which is too close for comfort...I had somehting similar happen to me a couple months ago,
and I pulled out to pass him and Imagine that...he tried to race me...I smoked him so bad, I got thru the green lite, but he had to stay at red...Luckily the 31 flavors ice cream that i got for me and the wife stayed in the bag..
the cup holders suck~! :p

dallas :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hell Kemon, No I don't want to drive at all!!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts