SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new here, and always get on hear to read and never really say anything beacause I never know what to say, but I just wanted to share with you that it makes a groan man sick on his stomach, when some guy pulls right out in front of you and ends up taking out the whole side of your truck! Totally his fault! It's in the local body shop now. It needs front bumper, fender, door, bed side, and bottom of cab needs replaced, two tires and wheels. Doesn't actually look as bad as it sounds. The guys working on it are really good friends of mine, and are going to do it right no matter what. I'll post pic's just as soon as I get them on a CD, and figure out how to put them on here! Thinking about doing a custom paint job while it's in there! What do you think? Leave it alone, or do something to make it a one of a kind srt-10!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Some people shouldn't have drivers licence !!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, but the bad thing was, that I was coming down the road that goes by walmart about 40mph when he just doesn't even look and pulls right out. My first instinct was to jerk the wheel away from him, and would have worked, if he would have seen me, but he kept coming. Oh well! His car is alot worse than my truck, then again, his car was worth about $2,000.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
This is why you dont carry a gun in the gunlocker between the seats!!! Society would be getting a favor done with idiots like this being removed!!!!

Ouch was that too much!!!! Ok just give the bastard a beating instead....

as for his car being a 2k pos, thats always the case....I never trust a pos beater on the road...usually dont even have insurance..

sorry to hear about your story....I say get some cool custom paint job, SEMA inspired or something..

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
I never trust a pos beater on the road...usually dont even have insurance..

patrick
The only people on the road I trust are the ones that are in the vehicle I'm driving!!

I got hit on Monday by a chick driving a 2001 Hyundai. Messed up her Right Rear quarter panel when she swerved to the right, right in front of me! Problem was after she passed me on my left, she never bothered to see if she actually cleared my front bumper!! Of course, I was driving a 73,000# Freightliner, so my bumper was OK! ;)

After I was done cursing, and the Cop did his thing, I had to apologize to her, cuz I think I made her cry. :p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, Not too much out there, that will stand up to a freightliner! she's lucky it didn't total that little car!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hamrhead said:
After I was done cursing, and the Cop did his thing, I had to apologize to her, cuz I think I made her cry. :p :rolleyes:
You insensitive brute.........................LOLOLOLOL........Jack

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
srt10vipertruck said:
yeah, Not too much out there, that will stand up to a freightliner! she's lucky it didn't total that little car!
Yeah, she's lucky, but so am I. Imagine what would've happened if the car spun in front of me when she clipped my bumper! Regardless of who's at fault, I'd still have to live with the experience. I mean the girl was probably about 20yrs. old, and freakin' cute! Obviously she ain't much of a driver, but that doesn't mean I want any part of messing up the rest of her life. Or for that matter, ending it. And this close to Christmas too.:(

I really like driving, but in all honesty it just sucks anymore.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hamrhead said:
Yeah, she's lucky, but so am I. Imagine what would've happened if the car spun in front of me when she clipped my bumper! Regardless of who's at fault, I'd still have to live with the experience. I mean the girl was probably about 20yrs. old, and freakin' cute! Obviously she ain't much of a driver, but that doesn't mean I want any part of messing up the rest of her life. Or for that matter, ending it. And this close to Christmas too.:(

I really like driving, but in all honesty it just sucks anymore.
I have two cousins and a good friend of mine that drive big rigs, and they say the same thing! There's just to many people out there that drive like they have no brains! I'll bet it would be hard to live with being part of an accident that injured or killed somone. I wouldn't want to be a part of it!

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Traveling down a 2 lane road around mid-nite on the way home after making a short run to charleston and back. Dark road driveways on my right and RR tracks and ditch to the left. Came up on a car going extremely slow, I slowed blinked my lights hit my signal, they acted as though they were turning into onw of the drives, instead they attempt a u-turn in front of me as I pass. I t-bone the dodge neon in the drivers side and shove the car into a tree. I jump out fearing the worst, get the door of her car open not knowing what I'll find, but she was ok. Come to find out she was on the cell with her friend, trying to find her house and was going the wrong way, never saw me coming. Think about it every day.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
OH yeah she was really ok, even though it was her fault, she still sued my ins. and traded a crunched up $20 neon for some new $20,000 ying-yang. But really be careful out there, everyone wants to be first, no-ones ever wrong, and nobody ever pays enough attention. The best advice is swig-a-beer, close eyes, slap the floorboard, and hold the hell on. :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hamrhead said:
You may have made her cry then but you may have saved her life in the future if she takes big trucks more seriously.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
srt10vipertruck said:
Totally his fault! It's in the local body shop now. It needs front bumper, fender, door, bed side, and bottom of cab needs replaced, two tires and wheels.

Thinking about doing a custom paint job while it's in there! What do you think? Leave it alone, or do something to make it a one of a kind srt-10!
So sorry about your truck. Hearing about your accident is kind of like other guys watching someone take one hard in the crotch - we all feel your pain!

I had I a guy pull out in front of me and do $8K worth of damage to my old '96 Camaro SS. Later he claimed it was my fault but the police report and a witness statement (a guy in a Supra stopped and waited for the cops to give a statement. A really nice guy!) backed me up. His insurance paid for the whole thing and cancelled him for lying about it.

I like custom paint work that is subtle. Some ghost flames might be nice. The bottom line is that you're making the payments so do it the way YOU want it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Big Asp said:
So sorry about your truck. Hearing about your accident is kind of like other guys watching someone take one hard in the crotch - we all feel your pain!

I had I a guy pull out in front of me and do $8K worth of damage to my old '96 Camaro SS. Later he claimed it was my fault but the police report and a witness statement (a guy in a Supra stopped and waited for the cops to give a statement. A really nice guy!) backed me up. His insurance paid for the whole thing and cancelled him for lying about it.

I like custom paint work that is subtle. Some ghost flames might be nice. The bottom line is that you're making the payments so do it the way YOU want it.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Ghost flames or something of that nature. Nothing real flashy. I like it when you see a ghost flamed ride, and sometimes you see it and sometimes you don't! Don't know, have plenty of time now to think of something.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pic's of my wrecked truck!

Hey fellows. Just wanted to share some pic's of my wrecked truck! I know they suck, but it's all I have right now. Hope everyone had a good holiday!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts