SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

quick question I had to take the ram in for the damn check engine light kept staying on

here is what they did according to the paper work

Check engine light is oon

No crank ref at PCM p0320

Replace crankshaft position sensor per diag test verify sensor reading propely with DRB

what the hell does that mean
the light is off and at 3500 miles the truck freakin rips now feels faster but could be due to fact i had to drive a freakin stratus that would not break wind

JD

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds like a bad sensor

Thank God its only a sensor screwed and not something more serious.
I hear ya, nothing compares to the "SRT blow your hair back feeling".
Keep the wheels on the ground and safe cruisin.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Jamie\
\
It sucks you had to take it in but it sounds like it was only a bad sensor. I had a evap leak on my hemi in the first 1000 miles....pissed me off but the dealer was cool and fixed it up no hassle no charge. Took em 5 hours to find though.

Heh I love my truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, its so awesome...best driving experience I have ever had. 325 miles so far. Its hard for me to put miles on during the week cause I am always working and dont drive it except after work. Fits in the garage ( just barely) which is good since its black.

Had a weird thing happen to me the other day. The engine was started and the tranny was in neutral. I was showing the killer sound system to a friend and as I listened to the music kinda loud ( about 28 or 29) I noticed the engine had revved up its rpms but my foot was not on the gas at all! I quickly turned down the music and then the rpms came back down.. It revved up to about 3k or so. Any ideas as to why this happened? It kinda freaked me out.

patrick

·
Banned
901 Posts
Had the same code come up on mine... was after I took the wife out to try and drive the truck in a empty mall parking lot. She stalled it twice after watching her trying to shift ....she actually put down some nice marks on accident! Funny to watch her try to handle 500 ponies. I was laughing so hard I almost pissed myself. The check engine light came on shortly after. Took the truck to the dealer and he cleared the code. Has not returned since, and the truck has been fine. Viper tech said it was ok to clear it. and keep an eye on it. Stalling "may" have helped throw the code, without actually having a bad sensor. Been a week now and no problems.

If anyone has other info on this it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

·
Registered
249 Posts
The check engine lights go on quite frequently on Vipers and the two main reasons are loose gas cap and bad oxygen sensor. It is seldom anything serious , as the engine runs so rich , it can cause some of the concerns itself. Glad things worked out fine, and make sure you put your gas cap on super tight ( the vapor sensor is fairly touchy ).

Heh,Maui Zowie, was the a/c on, as the increase in rpm could have been just the compressor recycling. Surprises alot of folks when it does that, but just a wild thought, as this might be what happened. The other thought is that the Truck is the child of Christine, it is cursed, and it figures all the attention it is getting it doesn't need you, ha.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Bill Pemberton said:
The other thought is that the Truck is the child of Christine, it is cursed, and it figures all the attention it is getting it doesn't need you, ha.
Pemberton

It is the dark child of Christine :D I love my truck just like that dude loved his red caddy! I just dont want it to try and kill my [email protected]#$%^&*(

Thanks for not selling JD a 2500 with a diesel, he cant have more torque than me!! ;) You also settled a long running dispute over what is a half ton , three quarter ton etc... truck ... Imagine 2 trucks to Maui in less than 30 days. I might have openned pandoras box here!!!

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Pemberton

It is the dark child of Christine :D I love my truck just like that dude loved his red caddy!

patrick
Red Plymouth Fury if I'm not mistaken?? Yet another MoPaR Maniac. :rolleyes:

I was driving my truck this past weekend and pulled up in front of a house. Everyone was looking at the truck when I pulled up, so just to act 'cool', I stopped and let the clutch out while it was still in gear, and stalled it. :rolleyes: DOH! Anyway, fired it right back up and the check engine light was on, but I could tell the engine was running just fine (all gauges were normal too). Drove around for a little while afterwards, stopping here and there, and the light went out. Truck's been just fine since. I'm now at 2,500 miles and all is good. :cool:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the gas cap thing was what several viper owners told me

the 1st it happened i was dead stoped in traffic on my way to PA few weeks back

I turned the truck off while we were stopped dead for almost an hour but left the radio on when i started it up i saw the light but did not think twice then i saw it about an hour down the road when i stopped for gas i figured it would go out (thinking it came on because i strated it and took off in a hurry)_

well 2 days later it want off ans stayed off until the other day

im glad it was simple and dont expect any problems and if it does hell that what warrs are for

JD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts