SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure like my truck except for the nav. It has to be the most useless system around. Even the portable garmin units work a lot better. I don't understand why in this day and age anyone would design a system that is so limited.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Agreeded! My wifes FX35 nav system is more to my liking. I think someone @ dodge had a brain fart when they created it :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
what is it that you dont like about it?
I was getting ready to get one.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The biggest thing is that it doesn't have any maps. It just gives you turn by turn directions. You can't enter the name of a resturant and have it search.
Also if you search for the nearest resturant it doesn't update as you drive so you have to exit out and reenter search. The little radios with gps have more features than this thing. It pretty much is a complete waste of money. It has to be the worst navigation system in any car i have seen.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That sounds to me like its the low end NAVI system. The one I was planning on getting has maps, locations, XM radio, and the whole nine yards.
What model do you have?

I speak of the RB1 model. Like this one: RB1 model

I've played with this one in some Intrepids and it works great. You can even play a DVD on it. My dealer says it will work on an SRT.

·
Registered
974 Posts
OH!!! Much nicer. That would be more to my liking. Good post, thx for the info

·
Registered
174 Posts
SRT less said:
Yes that is a better system. But thats not what comes in the SRT. Why?
I think its last years model. Everyone that has one loves it. They might have taken the good features out of it for this years and kept the price to make more of a mark up on it...but I know theyre still available from the dealer. Just ask for the RB1.

·
Registered
174 Posts
SRT less said:
but will the stereo be as good as the one that is in it now?
It should, its just a radio and XM unit. The infinity amps are all external. But check with your dealer first. They should be able to give you a better answer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts