SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have the dealer order and install the navigation system in my truck. I have heard both good and bad about the system. For those of you that have the system in your truck, how do you like it? If it is anything like the one they have in the Escalade I'll be very happy. Appreciate any feed back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
jimmyg79 said:
I am going to have the dealer order and install the navigation system in my truck. I have heard both good and bad about the system. For those of you that have the system in your truck, how do you like it? If it is anything like the one they have in the Escalade I'll be very happy. Appreciate any feed back.
You'll be disappointed if you are comparing the nav in the Escalade to the one in the SRT/10.

I purchased a Garmin 2610 for the SRT/10's without Nav. It is better than any other Nav out there. Extremely easy to you. If you want or need dead reckoning then go with the 2660.

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I took a look at the Garmin 2610. Looks nice but where did you mount it? It looks like it would need to be mounted on the dash. And why would I be disapointed with the stock unit. Does it have voice prompted turn-by-turn? Can it switch between 2 dimentional and 3 dimentional veiws? Can regular DVD's be played on it? And is it user friendly? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
dont do it

if i had to do over again i would do an aftermarket one

the new one in the 2005 magnum is a ton better as was the one in the older grand chreokee

my nav is ok but not what it should be

if you want to see it, or go for a ride let me know you can


i am not 110% happy with it


jamie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
69 Posts
The factory nav is a joke. the streetpilot is way better heck the handheld rhino radios with nav are a lot better. I have yet to see any other unit that is as lame as this one. I really like my truck except for the nav unit. It is completely useless.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
69 Posts
jimmyg79 said:
Well, I took a look at the Garmin 2610. Looks nice but where did you mount it? It looks like it would need to be mounted on the dash. And why would I be disapointed with the stock unit. Does it have voice prompted turn-by-turn? Can it switch between 2 dimentional and 3 dimentional veiws? Can regular DVD's be played on it? And is it user friendly? Thanks.
You need to mount it on the dash and it does not look as nice as the built in one, but it works.
yes it has voice turn by turn
it does not have any maps
no to dvd
you have to know the exact city to find an address and if it,s not listed your done.
Did i mention that there are no maps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I got a price of around $1500.00 for the factory one, and was ready to do it, until I went to the dealership and looked at it. The clean install is the only thing going for it. Nothing else.

Garmin still sitting on the dash, looking stupid and working great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Customers may be telling us all alot also, as we only had one truck ordered with NAV , and we didn't get a single request from anyone else on the unit. So far we have not ordered an 05 ( in QuadCab or Reg Cab ) with the NAV. Just for your info.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler ,Dodge,Jeep, and Viper
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
jimmyg79 said:
Well, I took a look at the Garmin 2610. Looks nice but where did you mount it? It looks like it would need to be mounted on the dash. And why would I be disapointed with the stock unit. Does it have voice prompted turn-by-turn? Can it switch between 2 dimentional and 3 dimentional veiws? Can regular DVD's be played on it? And is it user friendly? Thanks.
It has an ultra cool, non-scratch bean bag mount that sits on the dash. It actually looks good. Works TONS better. Trust me ;)

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I have the factory NAV unit and Sirrius. The TWO good things about it are:

1) Turn by turn instruction - If you're traveling far and fast, and unfamiliar with the area, it is very helpful knowing how much further before you have to merge from far left to far right.

2) Steering wheel control allows you to flip between map page and music source page along with control of volume and channels, etc.

Other than that, it is fairly cumbersome to work. I wish Dodge had teamed up w/ Garmin on the Nav unit. BMW is working w/ Garmin now.

It's EASIER to navigate my airplane than my truck! www.direct2avionics.com

My 2 cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Just a heads up. The SRT-10 comes from the factory with the RB4 Navigation system. For a better system try the RB1. Here is the specifics.http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav.htm#PARTS In addition this site will tell you how the cd changer and satelite radio work together. BTW. I installed the RB1. Works great... Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
JoeN said:
Just a heads up. The SRT-10 comes from the factory with the RB4 Navigation system. For a better system try the RB1. Here is the specifics.http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav.htm#PARTS In addition this site will tell you how the cd changer and satelite radio work together. BTW. I installed the RB1. Works great... Joe
I installed the RB1 too.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top