SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've been talking with a local tuner about installing a VEC2. There shop is not a "Viper" shop, but seems pretty credible (they deal mostly with Diablos). When I first talked to him, he had never heard of the thing. So I told him about Roe Racing yada yada yada. He looked them up and called them to find out if this was something he could do. He called back and said it seemed pretty cut and dry and was just a matter of installing it, throughing it on a dyno and tweekin it. Install + one hour on tuning on the dyno for $350 (plus the cost of the VEC2).

My concern is this... I remember reading on here about not letting experienced Viper tuners mess with your Viper motor. Something about it's not an easy motor to play with. Sooooooooooo, is this something a non-experienced Viper tuner can do? I basically am going to base my decision on if this is a good idea on the feedback I get from this forum, so lets here it. Thanks everyone.

Jeff

Almost forgot. If I can get two more people to have these installed at this place, I can get them for $900. Oh, and the webpage for this place is www.fullthrottleperformance.com

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Problem Solved.

Power delivery stabilized once the Intake Temp sensor was removed from the intake charge pipe as suggested by the kit manufacturer and placed on front of the radiator ala ambient temp sensor

No knocking on 95 octane with this approach, the truck is a 2004 and boost is steady at 7.5 psi!!.

We have seen only a power loss of 7 to 10% due to heat soak across the intercooler system on the dyno.

Simple math, the PCM can´t read that much heat generated by the novi 2000 system on the intake charge it will pull lots of timing, even more when the truck is warm at 205F, I wonder how many HP you will increase guys, and it seems pretty away from knocking.

Thanks for your attention, shut that hole on the intake charge and change the IAT position so it reads colder, its not the best solution but it will work even beyond 210F of water temp

DJ

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
DJWR said:
Problem Solved.

DJ
Judging by the fact you can't even seem to post in the correct place, only confirms my other suspicions.

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts