SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i posted about getting a supercharger (paxton) on my truck... but i can't seem to actually do it. I drive this truck as my daily driver, and i plan on puttin the miles on it... so i want to make sure that what ever i do to this truck it dosn't end up blowin the engine up.
I have had a couple of cars that i put aftermarket turbos on......... i had to sell both of them because things always seemed to break or go wrong.
also, so far im not so sure how reliable this engine is stock... i mean, with only about 3 thousand of these things out there for only about a year so far, who can honeslty say how they will hold up stock?
please help me make my mind up......

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
There's a lot more than 3000 of these engines out there. Probably 5000+ Vipers are using that same engine. Some since 2003.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
:D And it might be hard to say how many are still stock!! :eek:
I know nothing about the last shoot! :rolleyes:
Coming up on 3,000mi from install...can't wait to stick-my-foot-in-again!! :D
Try to stay away from the power/shifts...don't want to break anything. Couple of more mods to go first. :D
DAILY DRIVER!!

:cool:
Quick

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what?

quicksilver, what do you mean stay away from the power/shifts, do you actually getting on the throttle too much makes you think you can break something?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Powershifts

Powershifting is where you leave the accelerator at full throttle when you shift. You only use the clutch. For me it took a lot of practice to become proficient. If you are inexperianced it can lead to parts breakage when you miss shifts as we all did when learning to do this. This is hard on parts. Even when done right and all goes correctly. It places extreme shock loads on drivetrain parts which can lead to failure. It's still fun to do and it is the best way to maxamize performance runs. The only way to learn how to do this is to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. It's all about having fun and if you can afford the parts and labor bill have a ball..........Jack

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Jack, WTF is that last pic? Is that you climbing up the ladder LOL.

BTW, That is a sweet install, who did it? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts