SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a wheel/tire guy today and he said there is a new 18" slick coming out soon. He described it as a "semi wrinkle wall" with "radial tread". I gave him the measurements on the rear brakes and the backspacing on the factory wheels. Anyone heard anything?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
9 seconds said:
I was talking with a wheel/tire guy today and he said there is a new 18" slick coming out soon. He described it as a "semi wrinkle wall" with "radial tread". I gave him the measurements on the rear brakes and the backspacing on the factory wheels. Anyone heard anything?
I was with wheel fabricator today and there may be something much better in the works, as in smaller diameter. I will know more Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Smaller did exist. There are no 17" slicks made taller than 25" and they will not get enough patch to hook up. Nitto makes the 305X45X18 that is 28.78"tall and these have a chance of hooking. I am going to try a set. I have heard that they are marginal. I will have them heat cycled as that is supposed to help with long term traction. I have heared that they work well when new but traction goes away fast as they get some miles/runs. I also heard that you have to get them real hot in the burn out box for them to work good. It would be nice to get a 18X10" wrinkle wall.
Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts