SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the truck back from having new Clutch, Pressure palte and lightweight flywheel. :D

I am still in the break-in mode, however I can say it solved the clutch chatter and also shifts much more precise.

Just a little heads up, when the mech took off the Shifter boot to lower the tranny he noticed that all the linkage bolts were loose. he asked if I had been in there messing around which I hadn't.

So you guys who are having alot of difficulty finding third under load you may want to check this.

After tightening mine it felt like a new truck.

I have around 250 more miles until I can romp on it, I will let you know how she feels in the performance area.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Marc T said:
Just got the truck back from having new Clutch, Pressure palte and lightweight flywheel. :D

I am still in the break-in mode, however I can say it solved the clutch chatter and also shifts much more precise.

Just a little heads up, when the mech took off the Shifter boot to lower the tranny he noticed that all the linkage bolts were loose. he asked if I had been in there messing around which I hadn't.

So you guys who are having alot of difficulty finding third under load you may want to check this.

I have around 250 more miles until I can romp on it, I will let you know how she feels in the performance area.
There are no "linkage bolts". you have 4 bolts that hold down the shifter, & 2 that hold in the slave cylinder. what is it he is meaning i wonder? :confused:

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Marc T said:

Did you have problems with the stock parts, or did you just choose to upgrade?

I'm now at ~1,600 miles and everything sems to be working perfect.

·
Registered
157 Posts
2900 miles and no problems that i know of-

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boomer, Must have been the four bolts that hold down the shiffter. I assummed thats what the mechanic was refering to.

Any way its tight now and shifts like it should.

Hamrhead,

I had some significant clutch chatter when starting in first.

No sign of it now!!

I have around a hundred mor miles to go with break in then I get to let it rip. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Marc

Does the Centerforce clutch offer better performance? Less slip? Has the pedal pressure changed? Is the engagement smooth?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Derek said:
Marc

Does the Centerforce clutch offer better performance? Less slip? Has the pedal pressure changed? Is the engagement smooth?
Derek, I have the centerforce clutch setup from Hennessey. It ROX, no slippage, no change in pedal pressure. The clutch is bad ass to say the least. As far as performance, I can drive the truck the way it is supposed to be driven; hard and aggressive, without worring about the ****ty stock clutch failing.. (which will fail). All my SRT/10's have them now. And you can get the dealer to pay for it too.

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
Care to elaborate? Talk about a teaser!
The clutch is a known issue. If you have problems with yours. If they fix it twice, and it still fails. They can either give you a refund on your truck, which DC doesn't want to do, or they will cough up the money to fix it.

I submitted 3 invoices to my local DC regional rep, and received a check for all three truck clutches. $1300.00 for the black truck ($800 for the clutch, and associated parts, $500 re-imbursement for the slave cylinder upgrade). and $800 each for the other two (From Hennessey's invoice).

The only catch was they wanted their tech to install ONE, and to take it for a test drive to verify it fixed the problem.

Craig

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SRT10x3,

Whenyou say slave cylinder upgrade, are you talking about the viper Slave cylinder??

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I had to take the truck back in for a check up. I went through the 500 mile break in drivin it like a sissy. Everything was smooth as silk, previous chatter was tottally gone. Well after 500 miles I started to push it pretty hard through the gears a couple of times, after stopping and letting it sit for a while I couldn't get it to go into 1st or rev while the truck was running. I had to turn off the truck, place it in gear, start it and then it would shift ok, but as soon as I came to a stop it wouldn't go into first, or was very hard.

Also the peddle pressure was much easier than whith the stock clutch.

I think it's air in the system and it needs to be bled properly. I printed the explanation that BOOMER put on the site and took it to the Tech. (thanks Boomer)Hopefully this will get it right.

After reading what SRT10x3 wrote I will try to get them to put the Viper slave in it.

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Marc T said:
SRT10x3,

Whenyou say slave cylinder upgrade, are you talking about the viper Slave cylinder??
Yea. I purchased it through the parts department. They said it wouldn't work. But it did, as per the instructions here.

Craig

FWIW, there was some chatter at first with the new centerforce, but it worked its way out after approx 750 miles or so.

BTW. ZERO, NONE, ZILTCH! Clutch smell. I've beat the hell out of it, even rolling in reverse, then snatching first gear at 3500 rpms. It'll stop the truck, snap your head back, smoke the tires, and take off, like a bat outta hell.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Marc T said:
Well I had to take the truck back in for a check up. I went through the 500 mile break in drivin it like a sissy. Everything was smooth as silk, previous chatter was tottally gone. Well after 500 miles I started to push it pretty hard through the gears a couple of times, after stopping and letting it sit for a while I couldn't get it to go into 1st or rev while the truck was running. I had to turn off the truck, place it in gear, start it and then it would shift ok, but as soon as I came to a stop it wouldn't go into first, or was very hard.

Also the peddle pressure was much easier than whith the stock clutch.

I think it's air in the system and it needs to be bled properly. I printed the explanation that BOOMER put on the site and took it to the Tech. (thanks Boomer)Hopefully this will get it right.

After reading what SRT10x3 wrote I will try to get them to put the Viper slave in it.

Any thoughts??
you got air in there my man, probably in the slave & master i would say. the stock slave and mc combo will continue to do that. youre pedal will firm up when it is bled properly. good luck cheif. if i can help, let me know.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boomer,

Was it you that posted the instructions on how to get the Viper Slave cylinder to work on the Ram?? If so where can I find that post so I can take it to my Mech.

Thanx Again

Marc T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts