SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was speaking with my tech. It seems we are going to try and go with and '05 crank and rods. It seems that after only one year they are tossing the sintered "cracked" rods in favor of the older style. We are balancing the whole rotating mass. HOPEFULLY going to forged pistons too but its kind of in the air.

Another "upgrade" were going to do is put in one of the older style "708" cams. This is supposed to free up some good HP and give a really cool lopey idle.

Does anyone know anything about these cams? Anyone seen a SRT with the older style cam in it?

Seems like I might wait to do the heads down the road as the funds aren't going to allow for it...

Sure would like to hear about cams from anyone with experience!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I recieved this tip back in December of 2003.

"The camshaft grind from the '99 SR coupled with some creative calibration work, a liteweight flywheel and gutted cats has been shown to make some serious power...."

Steve

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what we're goin for 9! Its a slight mod to make the 708 work. Its a three bolt original is a one I guess. They are also going to key the crank and send off the PCM to Heffner.

Hopefully Mofo's headers will get here on time and we can reinstall the motor and new headers, mid pipes with higflo cats and the Magnaflow cat back is already on. It will be a about a 400 mile drive back from the tuner so she should be pretty much broken in on the way home and ready for dyno testing.

I still haven't made a decision on clutches. Was thinking about getting the centerforce but would like to see what Mcleod tells you. Timing will probably end necessitating the CF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts