SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
*yawn*

I like the still at the end. I see that the guy is flipping off the Dodge grille with his left hand, but is he spankin' his monkey with his right?

Also, if it's a "mod'ed Lightning", how come it's only running 13.29?
I'd guess poor driving....

(they make it too easy....)
:D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Even if that Lightning had of been stock it should have beat a 13.8. Good looking truck though.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Guys its bracket racing which from my limited understanding is a lot easier in an auto than a standard once its dialed in. I can't wait to finish my truck with "a few mods" to use the L vernacular. Gonna surprise a couple SVT guys ;)

The motor goes off to the builder Thursday...woooohoooooooooooooo!! :D :) :D :) :D :p

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
womsterr said:
Guys its bracket racing which from my limited understanding is a lot easier in an auto than a standard once its dialed in. I can't wait to finish my truck with "a few mods" to use the L vernacular. Gonna surprise a couple SVT guys ;)

The motor goes off to the builder Thursday...woooohoooooooooooooo!! :D :) :D :) :D :p
:) Good Luck with your motor, I know you have been waiting for a while to get started. Waiting is always the tough part, again Good Luck. :cool:
91 octane gas
NO mods.
417rwhp.
448rwtq.
REAL heavy fuel to air ratio
That was July-Aug.'04 :cool:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Thanks Quick. Yea its been killing me waiting. Intalled my Magnaflow in the driveway. Went on without a hitch. Getting the old one off was a pain though. Didn't want to come apart.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kevan said:
*yawn*

I like the still at the end. I see that the guy is flipping off the Dodge grille with his left hand, but is he spankin' his monkey with his right?

Also, if it's a "mod'ed Lightning", how come it's only running 13.29?
I'd guess poor driving....

(they make it too easy....)
:D
That is my Lightning in that race. It was lightly modded during that run, plus since it was bracket racing I did not run it on my race program. That was on the stock program with a 4# lower pulley, chip and air intake. That truck had run a 13.80 stock, so stock for stock it would have been a very good race.

Bottom line, I respect the SRT-10 and what it is capable of. The pissing match between Lightning owners and Ram SRT-10 owners is crap and has to stop IMO. We're enthusiasts with the same interests. Let's leave it at that.

And from my perspective the SRT-10 driver in the video gets props because that day he continued to improve his 1/4 mile times and that run was the fastest I had seen from an SRT-10 to date (this was back in the spring, I think).

Tom

·
Registered
87 Posts
Leave it to a Texas boy...

To cut through the BS -- I'd roll with you anytime tliss.

Scot

·
Registered
447 Posts
Tom- I have no problem letting it go. Unfortunately, guys keep posting "owned" videos (I wouldn't call half a second 'owned', but that's just me). And at the end of these videos, they put up stills like the one in the vid posted above.

As long as they continue to do that, I'll continue to mock the holyhell out of them.

Personally, I don't have any issues with you or your ride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kevan said:
Tom- I have no problem letting it go. Unfortunately, guys keep posting "owned" videos (I wouldn't call half a second 'owned', but that's just me). And at the end of these videos, they put up stills like the one in the vid posted above.

As long as they continue to do that, I'll continue to mock the holyhell out of them.

Personally, I don't have any issues with you or your ride.
Understood. You know how it is. That is really me in that still photo. It was right after I test drove that red SRT-10, and basically I was just playing up to the audience. I know there's always going to "bad blood" between enthusiasts of one car maker versus another, but in reality we all should turn our attention on the real enemy....GM!

Tom

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Hey Tliss is it me or does the SRT seem to lay off a bit at the end or are you just catching ground quick at the end. I would think that the SRT would have the advantage at that end of the track and the L gets a much better launch is obviously quicker through the gears...

Also..you said the SRT posted better times all day. Any idea what they were?

I can't play just get myself as the motor is out and getting balanced and blueprinted etc and I will be SOL for about 2 months or so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
womsterr said:
Hey Tliss is it me or does the SRT seem to lay off a bit at the end or are you just catching ground quick at the end. I would think that the SRT would have the advantage at that end of the track and the L gets a much better launch is obviously quicker through the gears...

Also..you said the SRT posted better times all day. Any idea what they were?

I can't play just get myself as the motor is out and getting balanced and blueprinted etc and I will be SOL for about 2 months or so.
I'm not really sure. I'll have to find the time slip. I was gaining on him pretty good, that was for sure.

As far as his times, I think he started off with a high 14 with tons of wheelspin, then a mid 14, low 14, and this run, if I remember correctly. I never got around to talking to him, so I don't really know if that was his first trip to the track or not. He was definitely getting more familiar with driving that truck, that's for sure!

Tom

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
tliss said:
I know there's always going to "bad blood" between enthusiasts of one car maker versus another, but in reality we all should turn our attention on the real enemy....GM!

Tom
OK. Bring it my way and I'll be more than happy to show you the tailgate! :pJ/K

I've owned a Gen1 and a Gen2 which were both great trucks, along with the stuff in my sig. Wish I had the means to keep 'em all!! :cool:

·
Registered
447 Posts
tliss said:
Understood. You know how it is. That is really me in that still photo. It was right after I test drove that red SRT-10, and basically I was just playing up to the audience. I know there's always going to "bad blood" between enthusiasts of one car maker versus another, but in reality we all should turn our attention on the real enemy....GM!

Tom
Well, since that's you in the pic at the end, then puhlease tell us you're not rubbing one out with your right hand. LMAO!
It's kinda funny how hamming it up for the camera can really be turned around on ya, eh? :)

Ok, I'm gonna go back to mocking the "geniuses" that came up with the uber-turbo '87 Hyundai for $1.59......the *other* real enemy. :p

Quicksilver- is your photo attachment the 2005/6/7/8 Lightning concept? Yikes....those are rims only a mother could love.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kevan said:
Well, since that's you in the pic at the end, then puhlease tell us you're not rubbing one out with your right hand. LMAO!
It's kinda funny how hamming it up for the camera can really be turned around on ya, eh? :)
Definitely not rubbing one out!! :D I was just standing by the front fender, the cameraman was ready, so I reached out to tweek its nipple and my middle finger popped out...nothing more :p

Tom

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Kevan said:

Ok, I'm gonna go back to mocking the "geniuses" that came up with the uber-turbo '87 Hyundai for $1.59......the *other* real enemy. :p

Quicksilver- is your photo attachment the 2005/6/7/8 Lightning concept? Yikes....those are rims only a mother could love.
I think Sema said it was '04-'05? :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts