SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have been looking at SRT10 Rams for awhile, Found one in excellent condition and traded my 2019 Ram Rebel in for a 2005 Single Cab. Got a pile of cash out on the other side of the deal. I own a variety of other Mopars, But this is a unique beast.

My only concern is the mileage, While the truck has clearly been well maintained and recently had lots of stuff replaced like bushing, shocks, spark plug wires, etc. What do I need to look for at 106K miles?

How long do these last? I have an engine rebuild in my budget around 150k miles. Any special oil recommendations? I have all the questions.

Glad to be here. These are awesome vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weak links are ps lines, oil cooler lines, 05/06 front calipers, 06 cluster, 06 tipm, valve springs.
Many trucks with 160-200k miles, some 30-60k trucks loosing valve springs, you guess is as good as any other
Thanks for the info! Do the oil cooler lines typically show signs of failure (leaking and such) or do they just blow off in a catastrophic failure one day? I do plan on replacing them with braided stainless lines & fittings, But not for a few months...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts