SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my SRT-10 QC which I ordered in September is now in
my garage. Silver, side air bags, rear window defrost, upgraded
to polished wheels, brushed alum gas filler door and bed mat.

Sorry no PICs.

I'm sure I'll have questions as miles go by...this site was very
helpful as I was considering buying one.

Couple notes ... wanted sunroof but was told Chrysler rep said
this option would not be offered on SRT-10s. Also they mentioned
the hard tonneau cover with wing was removed as an option because
of air flow at higher speeds caused rear end lift. Perhaps this is a QC
only issue 'cause I know several of you have that option on your RC.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i dont believe a hard tonneau cover was a option, they just added it. Im suprise that it would cause lift at high speeds, but oh wells. You can always add an aftermarket if you want to.

Congrats on the QC, however this thread is useless without pics!! :D

·
Registered
732 Posts
from the guys at ASC in michigan (also the pvo guy i know)

the tonneau cover is deleted till march had issues in making it

but my yellow one may get a prototype pre production cover

but it may have to be installed after delivery

we have to see i will know more on monday

Jamie

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
larbob,

I have a blk QC on order but can't get much useful info from the dealer. Did you get the nav radio? If so, is it an RB4? or the new 6CD changer version in the magnum. Unbelievable, but my dealer doesn't seem to know...

Also, gotta know - have you put your foot in it yet? Given the gearing, the auto tranny, and the 500/525, do you feel it was worth the 50K?

I am still probably 2 weeks out from having my and the suspense it killing me...

·
Registered
29 Posts
larbob,

One other thing, I see you're from texas. Did you happen to get yours from Maxwell Dodge in Austin (yeah I know it's a big state but just curious)?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Rolex Dr. Do you know what the "premium leather " interior is on the yellow fever? I have a chance to buy one but no one including the factory rep don't know. I hear yellow has a black viper head on the hood like the screaming chicken on pontiacs. Do you know what is in the package? Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Qc

slbelt... I did not order the Nav system but do have the 6 cd
in dash changer...it has changed from 2004 as the MGW radio
knob I ordered was delayed as they had to refab for 2005.

Only has 50 miles on it so have not pushed it yet...I'll let
you know how the tranny shifts under acceleration. The Viper
tech at my dealer drove one at Texas Motor Speedway and
was impressed with the auto tranny.

Bankston Dodge in Frisco Texas is where I purchased it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
slbelt said:
larbob,

One other thing, I see you're from texas. Did you happen to get yours from Maxwell Dodge in Austin (yeah I know it's a big state but just curious)?

I bought the one from Maxwell in Austin.... Why did you ask about it? Cause its a small world or cause you know something about it? Please don't tell me you took it out and beat the crap out of it right before I bought it :( ...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Droopy

from what i heard it is black/grey with yellow stitiching and yellow inserts

like it was suppose to be on our rams (the silver looks sweet stock, but my red would look awesome with red iserts)

i saw a photo that the scoop is blacked out no viper logo as of yet

but not sure if the VCA logo is gonna be on the back like the the blue ones

i have not been to the ASC plant yet here in michigan (i am suppose to go see my truck being finished) but my budd went by there and said there was like 100 of them sitting out side the place but did not get real close to them to see any stickers

i will find out more

JAmie

PS should have my yellow by thanksgiving

fingers crossed

·
Registered
249 Posts
Interior questions answered;

1.Yellow stitching around the steering wheel, shift boot, seats, shift knob,etc.
2. Radio surround and normal interior metal trim on the doors, and front dash ( passenger side ) is painted yellow.
3. Promotion piece shows Nav system, but it is not listed on invoice, so this is questionable.
4. Viper Club of America made a an extra decal for all the trucks and they are free to SRT-10 Ram Yellow Fever owners, just by asking . Their phone number is 1-800-998-1110, and you will probably have to be in possession of a Vin number to get said decal.

No screaming Viper emblem on the hood, it is painted black in the hood scoop area. Dodge Ram emblem on the tailgate, along with SRT-10 emblem - no surprise.

Rolex Doc is right, as the rumors about the hard tonneau cover are fit issues and the sunroof for the quad cab is listed, just all Quad Cabs are currently on an indefinite delay for sunroofs. Surprisingly , so are 300s and Magnums. This should be remedied this year and there is no reason a later model year SRT-10 Ram won't come with a roof.

·
Registered
732 Posts
BILL
you are the man

my local dealer called and said he has 2 in the body shop for transport damage (grills got f'ed up) he knows i love my red and invited me to look at the yellows they just came in today thurs the 18

gonna try to get pics friday

JAmie

·
Registered
29 Posts
ViperPowered04,

I was just asking about maxwell to see if there are other SRT-10 owners in Austin. Just curious.

I did test drive the silver 04 RC, but didn't hammer it.

BTW, if that is the truck you bought, you might have heard the story from the sales mgr that Ted Nugent had apparently agreed to buy that one but then must have backed out. I was telling people that I driven Ted Nugent's truck...guess it may be more accurate to be telling them I drove your truck ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts