SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 44 or so pictures of the new QC :). It was dark out, but they turned out well. The RC is parked next to it.

http://nitrous.zoomph.net/~salmond/qc/
Please note these are large, unedited photos at 7.2mp Someone feel free to crop/resize and re-post some of the better ones for those on dial-up.

Some observations:

The blank area of the speedometer now has the PRND21 on it as in picture # 186-188

There is a tow haul button on the gear selection level.

There is no floor console, as such the extra lighter plug is located in the center flip down console.

There is a trans temp light on the left side of the instrument cluster.

The truck sits higher by about 2 inches all the way around.

There is a trailer hitch and 7 pin electric at the rear as in picture 181-185

The subwoofer is located in the rear under the driver side seat as seen in pic 170

The driver seat leans way back for the gansta lean as in pic 196 :)

191-193 show a factory defect. SMOOTH pedals, no rubber, no knubs, just bare metal :)

The truck gets about 8mpg after 30 or so miles. It shifts quickly from 1st to 2nd around 1500rpm. Romping on it in 2nd or 3rd at low speed with break the rear tires loose ;) as it down shifts into 1st. The rev limitor seems to be off, as it goes well into the red before shifting, and it doesn't shut down.. VERY NICE feature/bug/broke option ;)

Handling is a little different with the longer chasis, cornering is a bit soft, but very nice.

If you aren't used to the RC and shifting it and getting feedback from the cluctch and gear shift as you go over bumps and rough road, you will feel a little dis-concerted about how the big front tires grab the steering wheel from your hands.

RPM's at all speeds is around 1000rpm, giving the truck a much quieter ride. I generally don't use 6th, but you get my drift. Drive around at 40mph in 6th and you'll get my drift.

Those are my first impressions.. I'll definately be getting RED and BLACK QC from Bill in the next month or so, one will be getting a SC and the other some Turbo's from Hennessey.

Oh, no rear floor mats on the QC.

·
Registered
732 Posts
DAMN Craig

makes me want to ditch the silver hemi QC and get a srt 10 QC

but rational brain on says no 22s in the snow up here in michigan

Awesome looking truck Iam still kinda partial to the RC (as are you LOL)

sweet ride(s) cant wait to see a group shot your gartage has gotta look like a MOPAR (more power) museum

Jamie

counting days till this damn white **** goes away so the yellow one can run free

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
SMOOTH pedals, no rubber, no knubs, just bare metal :)
Thanks for sharing the pictures! I enjoyed the eTour. Now I know why the rest of us rarely see another SRT-10, most of them are in Florida.

My RC came with two of the pedals the same as yours. The covers/pads were in a bag under the seat. They pop right on in seconds.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I can tell you that the Silver QC looks beautiful and that picking it was an easy decision when all three main colors were lined up next to eachother. Arrigo Dodge had Silver, Black and Red QC's all available 2 weeks ago and the Silver definately looked tops. Not to mention from what I read on here they must be faster.

·
Registered
974 Posts
QckSlvr said:
I can tell you that the Silver QC looks beautiful and that picking it was an easy decision when all three main colors were lined up next to eachother. Arrigo Dodge had Silver, Black and Red QC's all available 2 weeks ago and the Silver definately looked tops. Not to mention from what I read on here they must be faster.
*cough *cough Bullshit** :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
QckSlvr said:
Arrigo Dodge had Silver, Black and Red QC's all available 2 weeks ago and the Silver definately looked tops. Not to mention from what I read on here they must be faster.
Uh oh, here we go again...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Craig, can I barrow $20? I need some gas.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Big Asp said:
Uh oh, here we go again...

No No tell me it ain't so.... :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cmicah83 said:
Hey Craig, can I barrow $20? I need some gas.
HAHA, That will only get you less than 1/2 a tank. :)

Here is $50.00 for you.

Craig

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Craig, can I barrow an SRT-10? I can't afford mine. :D

I'm partial to silver! *flutters eyes*

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cmicah83 said:
Hey Craig, can I barrow an SRT-10? I can't afford mine. :D

I'm partial to silver! *flutters eyes*
HAHA. Aren't you a guy? ;)

I filled all my vehicles up with gas last night. Spent a little over $500.00 :)

Craig

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Damn, that must've taken you all night to drive each vehicle to and from the station? Or do you just have the Tanker Truck show up in your driveway? :p :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I may be so bold, Craig, what in the heck do you do for a living? The simple fact that you have all these trucks as toys is a mindwarping thing for me. My 21 year old mind just can't wrap around it. :confused:

And don't say Importing/Exporting!

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Craig is a super nice guy, that had some very good bussiness sense whn it came to the internet years ago, its in the archives somewhere. But now he makes millions on those little cactus toys that people put on there antennas. And by the way its a drug free forum, we get high on horsepower. :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cmicah83 said:
If I may be so bold, Craig, what in the heck do you do for a living? The simple fact that you have all these trucks as toys is a mindwarping thing for me. My 21 year old mind just can't wrap around it. :confused:

And don't say Importing/Exporting!
Being in the right place at the right time. I was at a local vitamin shop when this Indian dude (real Indian from India) came in trying to tell the shop owner that he made Metabolife, Stacker, blah. The shop owner started calling him names, racist names. I'm a pretty big guy, so I'm used to it. This guy was down right insulted and upset. I left the store, talked to the guy. 2 weeks later I launched http://www.nu-you.net a couple of things happened. He said "publix" supermarket won't deal with me as I'm Indian. But you being a country boy might be able to get them to carry a generic vitamin line. I went to the buyer/broker for publix and said "What is you and your wifes favorite car, money no object" He said "xxx and yyy" so the next day I delivered them to his house, the following day I got a Purchase Order for $10 million dollars worth of vitamins which cost around $180K to manufactur. I sold the PO's to a capital liquidation company for $.75 on the dollar and launched a nationwide campaign for a popular "erection" product. I sold 400,000 bottles in just over 60 days for $99.00 + S&H each. A competitor bought me out 30 days later for and ungodly amount of money.

I now own pharmacies, medical clinics, internet companies, adult toy websites, and a host of other business entities. However my roots are in web hosting, internet access, and programming.

Craig

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow. :eek:

·
Registered
974 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
HAHA. Aren't you a guy? ;)

I filled all my vehicles up with gas last night. Spent a little over $500.00 :)

Craig

That's just to dam funny :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts