SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!

Just got my Black SRT-10 yesterday. Traded in a 2003 Hemi for it and am I ever impressed.

I am struggling a little with the shifts but I think with time it should come together. Hav'nt drivin a manual for some time. Driving at a normal pace I have no problems but when I've jumped on it I have missed a few shifts with some embarrasment.

Anybody got any tips!! :(

·
Banned
582 Posts
congrats!try to relax and don't force it! (i know sounds easy) the trans. is very forgiving!

·
Registered
157 Posts
congrats- feels great dont it ? Yes it does. happy for u . i have a 1000 miles now and as soon as i recover financially have plans for engine mods. I drove fairly calm for 390 and then changed oil at 550 to be safe. Have fun

·
Registered
106 Posts
Missed Shifts

Marc,

Seat time is the cure. Relax and enjoy the truck. You'll get a little smoother each time. Pretty soon you'll be holding it longer in each gear and then you'll want to crack off a few quick shifts from 1-2 and 2-3. Once you're comfortable with the quick shifts your shifting problems will go away.

I have the most dificulty with 4-5 and 5-6 because I don't do those shifts as often around town. It's like riding a bicycle, the skill will come right back.

Congrats on the new truck. Another Ram SRT-10 hits the streets of J-Ville!
I've sent you a PM with my phone number.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts