SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm a rookie here. I'm checking out a low mileage (less than 1000 miles) 2004 black SRT-10 that has nitrous. Does the nitrous void the warranty? What other downsides are there to nitrous? Thanks in advance. :)

Scott Ross
Billings, MT

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Nitrous use can void some parts of your warranty like powertrain. They'll still fix the power windows, AC, etc. though. Do you know the guy? I have nitrous on mine and would have to be getting a good deal to buy one that someone else installed. You could do a leakdown and compression test to see if the ring/valves are still sealing like they're supposed to.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 9 seconds - I think I'll pass on this one - the whole nitrous deal kinda scares me

Scott

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Where are you located?

Just last week I saw one in an Auto-Trader Type book at a Dealer about 45 minutes from me. In Exton,Pa I believe.

I forget the color, but it was a used '04, 1,200 miles, about 35K.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Scott I don't know where you are at but on the buy sell I posted one in wilkesboro NC new with 426 miles RARE silver for $37,800. goood luck! :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Stinker - already emailed 'em earlier today after I saw your post. I even asked for Fred, he's the sales manager now. Thanks for the tip - I'll keep ya' posted.

Scott :)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Keep looking Scott, as the saying goes "nitrous is like a hot girl with a STD, you want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences"!!!!!! Wait for the right truck....

patrick

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Scott I know there's a red one in Gastonia nc also, last time I saw it it had 42 miles on it, I don't know if they have sold it yet but its at Mckinny dodge. I don't think they will deal like Fred will though. If you need any help let me know, I can help you out with the region if you are not familiar. I'm on the road sometimes being a trashy truck driver, but email me at [email protected] if you need and my wife can help. She goes by gotyourdaddy on here, yeah I got a speed freak for a wife, after I bought mine, she drove it, now she's sending her vette in for a top end job because she was so impressed when as she put it " a damn pickup truck passed her", aand now she"s selling her new hemi to get the srt Quad Cab. So you will be ****s and giggles when you get one of these, and if its the silver, I think they only made 700 or so fo them in 04, you can look around its on her somewhere. Good Luck and welcome to the red buttom club as Maui would say!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Honestly the nitrous wouldn't scare me. You really should do a leakdown test as described. You need to ask him if he had it tuned after he put it on. PLUS you still have warranty. If you ever have a problem its relatively easy to take that stuff off. (insert disclaimer here).

If you have a decent relationship with your viper tech he wouldn't see any nitrous on it when you bring it in ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Stinker - I'll look into the red one at McKinney - tho I'd really prefer a silver - I'll keep y'all posted - thanks again for all the great advice and support

Scott :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is a used silver rc @ akins ford/dodge in Winder Ga w/@1900 miles. I test drove it before i bought my qc and talked to them 3-4 days ago it was still there then

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys - y'all are awesome. I've learned a ton from this forum.

Hope to have a 2004 or 2005 silver SRT-10 RC in a week or two. Thanks to the SRT-10 Forum, I've had some great leads. Just a matter of putting the final details (ie $$$) together! If y'all know of somebody looking for an exceptional 2003 millennium yellow Z06 (4,365 miles), please let me know. Got some "fresh" pics I can email to anyone interested.

[email protected]

Thanks again.

Scott :cool:
Billings, MT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts