SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
i am about to join the ranks of proud srt-10 drivers. i have placed the order with the dealer but have a question and know from experience a board such as this may be more knowledgeable than the dealer.
sirius radio, is it an option? i ordered it for $195 at the dealer but it doesn't show up when you build the truck on the website.
uconnect... was listed on the website as an option but not at the dealer. I am not worried about whether or not I have the option, just curious as to the cause of the discrepancy.
thanks for all the knowledge i have picked up here.
later,
simon

·
Registered
447 Posts
Simon- I'm not sure about the sat. radio issue, but I do know a little about the UConnect deal.

There are two different ways UConnect can be installed:
1. At the factory (totally hidden install)
2. At the dealership (not-so-hidden install)

The Factory one is only available on a few Chrysler models (PT Cruiser, 300, etc). It's part of the rear view mirror.
The Dealership Install one is a separate control unit mounted, usually, on the dash somewhere.

I'm not sure if any SRT-10's are "UConnect-ready" from the factory, but like you, I'd really like that option as well.

For those that don't know:
UConnect is the Bluetooth-ready wireless link inside your vehicle. Some cellphones and other devices are Bluetooth-capable, and can be run thru the truck's stereo system....totally wirelessly. When your phone rings, the stereo will mute, and you can take the call thru the speakers (or pick up the phone unit for privacy). You can also use voice-commands to dial, receive and skip calls...without ever taking your hands off the wheel. It's a pretty sweet setup.

www.chrysler.com/uconnect

....and, if you're not hot on that design, there are other companies out there that make Bluetooth-ready car setups. I've seen a few different ones on cell phone sites online. Shopping around a little might net you one you really dig on.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Welcome Simon, your now in the "red button" club...very small elite membership....and yes it does have its rewards....everytime you hit that button baby!!!!!

U connect would be good, shifting, burning rubber etc....not having to reach for the cellie would be good....sorry I dont know about the details. Order the magnaflow now....just order it, your gonna want it....its a hot rod and it needs to sound like one!!! ;)

patrick

·
Registered
301 Posts
The sat radio is on hold from the factory right now. I installed the radio though at the dealer. It works great on the nav radio. The presentation of the song is cool. It list the artist and song title. The uconnect doesn't work everywhere. I wouldn't have it. Just my humble opinion. (Right!!) :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys,
thanks for the info. the dealer said something about the uconnect can't come with the nav. my confidence level in his response is low! I guess we will wait and see what happens closer to the time that they build it.
so now i wait...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ok. Now I'm confused.
According to this auction ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31831&item=4504434224&rd=1 ), you *can* get the SRT-10 with UConnect, and with navigation.

Dealer Info:
Steve White Motors
Hickory, NC
828-464-3458

EDIT-
Just found another auction ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31831&item=4505876951&rd=1 ) that says the same thing.

Dealer Info:
N/A
North Central Illinois

If someone finds out the REAL DEAL, please let us know.
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts